Us Visitors Visa Applications

Guardian
Posted
Posted
You can download an application for a 3 month visa which I believe is actually only good for 60 days and then you need a renewal but since I have never had to use a visa, I am not positive of that. Anyone wish to comment? You can download the application here
Thank you Lee. You sent that to me a while ago but I lost it and that is the route I would I would go if there is enough time once I get my vacation confirmed.
You are welcome and for those of you in the south east side of Florida or who are willing to make a trip, there is a consulate in Fort Lauderdale. Added, but be sure to contact them first to make sure they have what you need, they were out of visas recently according to a friend of mine who recently went to the Philippines. Philippine Consulate South Florida
Man, you and this forum are full of great information. :thumbsup:

twostrokes
Posted
Posted

And just a reminder>>>>...... whatever you do, don't smart off to an immigration officer, especially if you are coming in without a visa. My wife and our son (actually her son) who has been here in the states since he was about 12 arrived Tuesday night in Manila. it was 11pm.... The airlines had run out of the little immigration paper they give you to fill out. When my son got to thego immigration officer who was tired and not in a very good mood ask for the paper, he said the airlines was out. She told him to go get one and pointed in some direction. As he walked away he made some comment like "you don't have to be snotty about it"....The sh&t hit the fan. Now he has not yet gotton his dual citizenship, but thank god my wife had. She stepped in and took responsibility for his actions. The immigration officer was about to deny them entry, had it not been for her dual citizenship and the fact that I had told her to take all the paperwork for it and her old passport with her, even though they were just staying 11 days, so didn't need it. After a long line by line search for something wrong with her paperwork and many many apologies by my wife, they were finely allowed through.... Now understand that our son is not a kid (age wise) he is 29 soon to be 30. But he has been in the states long enough to have an attitude. It didn't matter that they were both Filipino (full blood). So whatever you do, when you come through immigration show max respect, even if they don't deserve it. I know many have their head in the air and like to abuse their power but a little cool on your part will normally help out. I have been in and out of the country at least 15 times over the last 40 years and never have had a problem with immigration. But i have never been a smart ass either, at least ot toward immigration folks.