Driving and then flying to the Philippines

Jake
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

Thanks Jake!  It's too bad for parking reasons, but maybe we could meet up for dinner in Las Vegas with you and yours (and me and mine) :)

Yours and mine can go out for dinner.  WE however, can go to the local strip joints.....he, he.  

• Haha 1

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Jake said:

Yours and mine can go out for dinner.  WE however, can go to the local strip joints.....he, he.  

Jake, I really need to be careful of what I say on here as a response, since the wifey reads this stuff :shades:

• Haha 1

Chazrob0914
Posted
Posted

I agree with your strategy of flying from LA.  For some reason it is a very competitive market.  I took the same approach taking a separate domestic flight to LA and then one of the China airlines to the Phils for less than $700 round trip.  Good luck

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Is there a chance you could park farther away and take a bus or train to the airport.  I don't know whats available there or the costs.  Just something to consider.  On the easy coast it was worth it for me to ride a train from Baltimore to get a much cheaper flight from JFK NY.  That was a few years ago, might have changed.:tiphat:

• Like 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
On 6/12/2019 at 3:09 AM, Mark Berkowitz said:

I’m planning on returning to the Phils to get my son and step-daughter for a trip to the USA in order to re-unite our family.  Currently, they are being watched by my mother-in-law and sister-in-law.

Although we video chat with them daily, my wife and I miss them both terribly.

Right now, I’m waiting for the US government’s approval of my step-daughter’s Immigration Visa to the USA.  My son already has his American citizenship (through a CRBA) and an American passport.

My wife and I are always trying to budget out money in order to buy the plane tickets when the time comes for us to travel back to the Phils… but recently we discussed that it would be much better for us to drive to Los Angeles (LA) from Texas and park our car at the airport, where we could fly to Manila (and back to the USA) with much lower costing airfares. 

We did the math and it would be more economical for both of us to drive to LA and use LA as both our point of departure and our point of entry instead into the USA.

Plus, my wife and children would be able to see more of the USA by doing it this way.

Good old Interstate 10. Used to drive it every couple of years or so. Your family can see lots of wind energy examples and have a great time. Just one recommendation. When you stop to eat somewhere, try to go to the Mom and Pop places that still exist instead of the fast food places. AND treat them to Mexican food. Good luck to you.:SugarwareZ-047: 

• Like 2

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

Good old Interstate 10. When you stop to eat somewhere, try to go to the Mom and Pop places that still exist instead of the fast food places.

I drive on I-10 (and all of it's wild and crazy loops) every day... it's almost like riding on a roller-coaster for free :laugh:

You're so right about going to the "Mom and Pop places" to eat, and that is why I need to have a car instead of a bus or train (for traveling from San Antonio to L.A.)