" You`re Road "

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I am not a big meat eater and once in the Philippines the family went out and brought a goat to thank me for the holiday we was on.

Well this poor goat was alive at first and it was down to me to cut its throat and then it would be skinned and the cooked, well I was very uncomfortable about this, but after a few minutes of being told from Emma what the family had done I agreed to help, I did cut its throat then went out and got the fire to burn of the hairs and then I left the rest to cut it up into sections.

I thought ok it’s going to be like a leg of lamb or something like that as I have never tasted goat before, anyway after this and that I came into the kitchen and everything was being cooked but I could not smell the roasted goat, no we are making a stew with it , ok I like a nice stew back in England.

Steve you are not in England anymore was my thought when I saw this stew, all I could see was lumps of skin and fat and even when it was put onto my plate it did not look like anything I have seen before, it made it worst by me trying to eat it with a spoon and knife and everyone looking at me, i was angry at myself and uncomfortable, in the end I did try my best and thanked them all , it was a good job there was plenty of vegetables or I would have gone hungry, the only person who seemed to be happy was Ems who was sitting next to me who helped herself once I said I cannot eat anymore.

• Like 3
  • Love it 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

I'm being honest Steve

If i had to kill my own food I'd be a vegetarian. Shame on me!

stevewool
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

I'm being honest Steve

If i had to kill my own food I'd be a vegetarian. Shame on me!

Many years ago we had chickens and sometimes we had to go and neck one then get it ready to cook, then we use to go out hunting for rabbits and bring them home to be cooked, but like you I think I could not do all that now, but if I had too who knows, but one thing for sure it would be cooked they way I would want to eat it.

• Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

Sounds familiar Steve

My parents like so many after the WW2 were grateful for what you could get.

I recall my Dad bringing home a rabbit or two caught or shot on the local farmland. He later had a small holding for veg and hens which supplemented his income as a gardener. You brought back a few memories there. :thumbsup:

Edited by Kuya John
paragraphing
  • Like 1
  • Love it 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

Sounds familiar Steve

My parents like so many after the WW2 were grateful for what you could get.

I recall my Dad bringing home a rabbit or two caught or shot on the local farmland. He later had a small holding for veg and hens which supplemented his income as a gardener. You brought back a few memories there. :thumbsup:

And don’t forget the wild mushrooms our dads use to find on there walks.

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

I don't eat what I don't want to eat. I'm too dang old and set in my ways to care what other people think about it.:wink:

May you always have choice then.

• Like 2

Clermont
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, stevewool said:

Steve you are not in England anymore was my thought when I saw this stew, all I could see was lumps of skin and fat and even when it was put onto my plate it did not look like anything I have seen before, it made it worst by me trying to eat it with a spoon and knife and everyone looking at me, i was angry at myself and uncomfortable, in the end I did try my best and thanked them all , it was a good job there was plenty of vegetables or I would have gone hungry, the only person who seemed to be happy was Ems who was sitting next to me who helped herself once I said I cannot eat anymore.

I'm a bit like you Steve, very careful with what goes in the gob. I generally apologize when I can't eat anything saying, " I've a spoilt western stomach," which generally brings a round of laughter at my expense and saves face with the host. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Clermont said:

I generally apologize when I can't eat anything

I blame my Diet for things I can't or won't eat. Most Hosts understand that because of My Stroke in 1012, I have to be so careful of what I eat and keep that cholesterol down and Sugar under control. My Wife is great, as when we are getting Food ( Buffet style) she will guide me round and tell me what it is and if I should eat it. :smile: Of course if there is Food I know I won't like or the sight of is not good I go back to plan "B" and Blame the Diet. :whistling: Works for me :wink: I will say though, that although I am not a lechon lover I will have some  + Skin so as not to offend the Hosts.

Most families work hard for that lechon so it is only right we (any of us) should have a Little :thumbsup:

Jack :wink: Morning All

:photo-109: Back from a Long week of  being out and about so now trying to catch with you all :6:

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 2

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

Larry should have told Jenny to tell her family he is a Vegetarian. That is the actual issue and why he looked to be in a panic. He planned on trying it but seeing the pig freaked him out.

Update, not that anyone probably wants one, since the video they applied for a K-1, got it after about a year, and got married either Nov or Dec 2018. Living in Florida now.

17 hours ago, Eddie1 said:

Aah, nothing like freshly caught rabbit...

I am not a fan of Rabbit, we caught rabbits when I was in the Marines. No fires were allow so we ate them fresh (still warm). Two of us got medevaced out and hospitalized for 3 days from food poisoning...