Oil Tankers attacked in Gulf of Oman, U.S. Navy says

robert k
Posted
Posted
On 6/14/2019 at 6:43 AM, graham59 said:

More pollution, and death to wildlife because of idiot humans.  :Mad:

It would serve them right if you threw out everything containing petrochemicals and boycotted anything petrochemical based in the future. That would show them!

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 6/14/2019 at 7:29 AM, OnMyWay said:

In all the stories I have seen about this, I saw nothing mentioned about the potential environmental damage, or, exactly what the damage was.

People don't realize how much oil seeps from the oceans floor naturally. Or that microbes have a field day eating an oil spill, if man doesn't interfere and poison their buffet. If it were refined product, it would be different.

Edited by robert k
spelling
  • Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted
On 6/13/2019 at 11:35 AM, Gary D said:

If so why did the Iranians rescue the sailors

Maybe because it's the best way to get the unexploded mine back? The mines were stuck to the ships in an Iranian port.

• Like 2

graham59
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, robert k said:

People don't realize how much oil seeps from the oceans floor naturally. Or that microbes have a field day eating an oil spill, if man doesn't interfere and poison their buffet. If it were refined product, it would be different.

'People'  ?

Such arrogance. 

I will leave the floor to you sir. 

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, graham59 said:

'People'  ?

Such arrogance. 

I will leave the floor to you sir. 

Yes, people. Sounds like you think you are above the general populace which would be arrogance incarnate. You might look in a mirror if you find the word people offensive.

• Like 2

graham59
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, robert k said:

Yes, people. Sounds like you think you are above the general populace which would be arrogance incarnate. You might look in a mirror if you find the word people offensive.

Oh, evidence and justification please ?

robert k
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, graham59 said:

Oh, evidence and justification please ?

It's self evident and I don't have to justify anything to you, another example of your arrogance. You answered your own request.

• Like 3

graham59
Posted
Posted

Aaah.... I read you now. 

Bye. 

earthdome
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, robert k said:

Maybe because it's the best way to get the unexploded mine back? The mines were stuck to the ships in an Iranian port.

Something is wrong with this picture. I would assume that an oil tanker would be in an Iranian port to do something, hmmm..., maybe load up with oil? Then why would the Iranian's put mines on their own customer ships? That makes no sense.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
44 minutes ago, earthdome said:

Something is wrong with this picture. I would assume that an oil tanker would be in an Iranian port to do something, hmmm..., maybe load up with oil? Then why would the Iranian's put mines on their own customer ships? That makes no sense.

Yes, I noticed that point as well.  I am really surprised more information has not been released.

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic