Posted
Posted

very cool

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Thanks for sharing that Mark. There are many older videos on Youtube Philippines back in in the day.

Not to judge Philippines but sadly things went down hill after the war. I'm not saying that just because I'm an American and we "ran" the place then. The war did hurt Philippines badly and Filipinos were unable to select quality leaders afterwards. 

• Like 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

New name. Septic tank!:boohoo:

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Old55 said:

Not to judge Philippines but sadly things went down hill after the war. I'm not saying that just because I'm an American and we "ran" the place then. The war did hurt Philippines badly and Filipinos were unable to select quality leaders afterwards. 

I realize that we can't discuss this here, but it would be interesting to talk about how and why the US and the Philippines parted ways in 1946.  I have my own opinions and I'm sure that others have theirs as well, but we're not allowed to exchange our points of view with eachother.  I guess that we'll have to meet up at a bar somewhere. 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

I realize that we can't discuss this here, but it would be interesting to talk about how and why the US and the Philippines parted ways in 1946.  I have my own opinions and I'm sure that others have theirs as well, but we're not allowed to exchange our points of view with eachother.  I guess that we'll have to meet up at a bar somewhere. 

I think it was called INDEPENDENCE, Nothing more Sinister :huh: As with INDIA, PAKISTAN and ISRAEL and a couple of others, History I think they call it

Edited by Jack Peterson

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

I think it was called INDEPENDENCE, Nothing more Sinister :huh: As with INDIA, PAKISTAN and ISRAEL and a couple of others, History I think they call it

Not sinister, but there were many debates in the US Government on this issue.  Some wanted to grant independence and others were opposed... but they had one issue that each side finally agreed on, and that's the part that I cannot discuss here.

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted

A bit off-topic, but I was recently speaking to a highly educated person who mistakenly believed that the Philippines was still a 'Commonwealth of the United States.'  The person was shocked to learn that the Philippines has been an independent nation since 1946.:shock_40_anim_gif:

• Sad 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

A bit off-topic, but I was recently speaking to a highly educated person who mistakenly believed that the Philippines was still a 'Commonwealth of the United States.'  The person was shocked to learn that the Philippines has been an independent nation since 1946.:shock_40_anim_gif:

To the best of my understanding, the Philippines was to be granted independence in or around 1950 in any case, the war just sped the process up by a few years.

• Like 1

Hobbit112
Posted
Posted
36 minutes ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

There is a big difference between being highly educated and having a well-rounded education.

• Like 1