Rats > Poison > Dead Rats > Now Flies!

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

We have them but most of us have dogs and that can be Fatal :mellow:

Jack, my suggestion was tongue in cheek.  Introduction of foreign  wildlife to control something native rarely goes well.  Cane toads are a major environmental issue in Australia right now.  

• Like 4

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

Where there is a will there will be a way even if it is Trial and error, usually rats and mice will only venture into the unknown if they sense a Food trail, for me, Clean out the Cupboard with a can of canned Air and remove all traces of anything especially Droppings,then do whatever you can to block the offending Hole/s and hope for the best But if at first and all that :whatever:

For another day, but I will clean all the rat hair, etc., out the electrical closet with my wet/dry vac, then try to seal it all up.  In fact, I will put an extra bag of some sort over the vacuum exhaust to keep any dust from blowing around.  Then I will toss the inner bag.  I have a HEPA vacuum for indoors but I won't use if for something like this.

That rat dust is probably nasty stuff.  I would not want to blow all that dust around with canned air. 

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
51 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I would not want to blow all that dust around with canned air. 

Just a suggestion for the cause:wink:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

That rat dust is probably nasty stuff.

Hantavirus.jpg

• Haha 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Hi. I had good luck when living in Palau for a while. There were times when dozens of flies would suddenly appear and pester us for a few weeks, then just disappear again. We could never figure out a pattern. Anyway a friend suggested using those sticky, flat mouse/rat traps that act like flypaper. These worked fantastically! After one fly lands and gets stuck, they seem to all flock to the same place and also get stuck. We counted (really, counted!) over a hundred caught in less than one week. They are non-toxic and you can just fold them up when not in use or done with them. Just locate one or more somewhere off the floor where the rodents might be less likely to venture, unless you don't mind catching rodents and flies at the same time?

Hope this helps you. Good luck.

• Like 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

unless you don't mind catching rodents and flies at the same time.

I guess if you left the rodent on there long enough you could catch both.

• Haha 2

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted

Maybe, the real solution for getting rid of Rats is to have a  'Pied Piper'?

pied piper.gif

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

I had a bad rat problem in England , the disused piece of land at the back was the main problem , I hired a mini digger and flattened a mound that was their main nest  , I also sprayed the ground with roundup as rats do not like running across open ground , around my drain pipes I put chicken wire , the rat poison that we get is basically warfaren , so I ground up glass and included it in the poison. All of these methods combined worked