Paying for Meal

gaga4
Posted
Posted

Been off for awhile but read thru the comments with interest.... what it boils down to in my opinion is what happens is what you allow to happen. There is such a thing as decorum or etiquette.  To attribute your comments about footing the bill to culture is absolute nonsense. There is nothing unique about Filipino culture that just bc you're a "foreigner" you are stuck with the bill no matter what. Absolute nonsense. This can happen in other parts of the world. The only reason it will happen is bc you allow it to happen. I think we Americans have a word for that. SUCKER!!! So if you want to play Sucker that's your choice. Don't attribute it to culture.

What is it that you are afraid would happen anyway if you don't play their game? 

• Thanks 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, gaga4 said:

Absolute nonsense. This can happen in other parts of the world. The only reason it will happen is bc you allow it to happen. I think we Americans have a word for that. SUCKER!!! So if you want to play Sucker that's your choice. Don't attribute it to culture.

Don't hold back.  Tell us how your really feel.  Care to buy me a meal while I listen to you? :28:  Ho Ho Ho where's my gift

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Clermont
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, gaga4 said:

what it boils down to in my opinion is what happens is what you allow to happen.

Spot on, I've never heard of a culture that says someone else has to pick up the tab, you eat you pay. If invited out for a meal and someone else's shouting then they will say there treat, if not you pay, no if or butts. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, Clermont said:

if not you pay, no if or butts.

Just making a small joke here, Clermont... You didn't mention the "ands"?

Clermont
Posted
Posted

We'll get you used of the Ozzie language, you don't always have too add a word to every sentence, missing words sometimes have more meaning than the inserting actual word. :thumbsup:

• Love it 1
  • Haha 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, gaga4 said:

What is it that you are afraid would happen anyway if you don't play their game? 

The severe embarrassment of you wife/partner.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, gaga4 said:

Some years ago ( I was in Spain at the Time so never witnessed it myself) My SIL's Husband Arrived with a Friend on a Surprise Visit ( From the US) and because he nor his Friend wanted to pay for any impromptu Meal and Drinks,  quite a  large Fight broke Out ( My Wife tells me) about who would Pay for the Credit on the Food and Drinks. Sometimes and I have heard some other Stories, Things can get out of hand :whatever:

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Clermont said:

We'll get you used of the Ozzie language, you don't always have too add a word to every sentence, missing words sometimes have more meaning than the inserting actual word. :thumbsup:

I never that.  How am I so far? :hystery:

• Haha 2

Clermont
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Mike J said:

I never that.  How am I so far? :hystery:

Must be from the Everglades, see no need to spell it out in words. :thumbsup:

• Haha 3