Dumaguete Internet

OzeMike
Posted
Posted

I'm thinking about using Airlink Internet Services at my house in Talay. Anyone using it in this area or near and what bandwidth package are you using and are you happy with it?

Does heavy rain affect the speed? as understand they fix a small microwave transceiver on your roof aimed at a dedicated tower or relay tower.. hence it is "on" all the time.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, OzeMike said:

I'm thinking about using Airlink Internet Services at my house in Talay. Anyone using it in this area or near and what bandwidth package are you using and are you happy with it?

Does heavy rain affect the speed? as understand they fix a small microwave transceiver on your roof aimed at a dedicated tower or relay tower.. hence it is "on" all the time.

Mike, many say that Airlink uses PLDT Transmissions so if PLDT goes down so will Airlink . Just a thought :wink:

OzeMike
Posted
Posted

Thanks Jack will check that out.

Guy on another forum says he has been using them for a year now and the speeds have been reliable and he is very happy with it.  Not affected by rain he says.  Costs a bit more than PLDT/Globe though. 

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

OzeMike
Posted
Posted

Airlink guy surveyed our place today... need 3 pole height on the roof 3k we are going for the 7Mbps service 3,499 per month. 

One thing that was unexpected is they do NOT do No locked in period now min is 12months contract

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, OzeMike said:

Airlink guy surveyed our place today... need 3 pole height on the roof 3k we are going for the 7Mbps service 3,499 per month. 

One thing that was unexpected is they do NOT do No locked in period now min is 12months contract

Expensive that Mike.

Eddie1
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, OzeMike said:

Mike, That deal sounds crap to me.  Wouldn't touch that with a barge pole.

:SugarwareZ-037:

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted

These 7 MBPS speeds are making me feel nostalgic about the Phils, since one of the telecom companies in the US is telling me to upgrade to 300 MBPS from my  old-fashioned 200 MBPS speed.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

These 7 MBPS speeds are making me feel nostalgic about the Phils, since one of the telecom companies in the US is telling me to upgrade to 300 MBPS from my  old-fashioned 200 MBPS speed.

Genuine question - what would the difference be i.e. would you notice the difference with the faster speed?

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Genuine question - what would the difference be i.e. would you notice the difference with the faster speed?

Probably no noticeable difference at all, but the advertisements make it seem like it's a temendous upgrade.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

Probably no noticeable difference at all, but the advertisements make it seem like it's a temendous upgrade.

That's what I imagined - even with only 12 mbps it's fast enough for what I need so I cannot imagine what 200 mbps is like

• Like 1