Dumaguete Internet

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, jimeve said:

Mike, I can record on my Cignal box I plug an USB drive in and record whatever.

I never knew the Cignal box had that function - I'll check later.

jimeve
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, hk blues said:

I never knew the Cignal box had that function - I'll check later.

Just look at the back, there's two. One is for PVR and the other not sure might be for update. Not saying all of them have this function. The USB need to be formatted to FAT 42.

• Thanks 1

OzeMike
Posted
Posted
On 7/15/2019 at 10:56 AM, OzeMike said:

So near yet so far...... :bonk:

PLDT Fibre cable attached to our property last Tues... we were told a different team would come and connect into the house and connect the modem later that week.  Hooray! 

Saturday morning I get a call on my way back home from dropping Cel at her work...."Sir Michael? Sir this is PLDT" after giving them directions to our place I dash home full of elation... 20Mbs of live sports streaming at last!  no more buffering ....happy days are here :dance:

They are waiting for me as I arrive at our house.... "Sorry Sir we are not the ones to install the modem" "But why did you call me? You had my name on your list" "Sorry Sir there has been a mistake we have to go to another address..another team will come maybe tomorrow or the next day to connect your modem"

So near yet so far.... :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

No call yet today.... 

Anyone had this experience with PLDT.... two teams to install the Fibre and the modem....with delays getting it finished?

Was wondering those members who had PLDT Fibr connected.. how long did it take after the fibre cable was attached to your property before a team (or maybe it's just a guy on a motorbike) came to connect and install the modem? 

jimeve
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, OzeMike said:

Was wondering those members who had PLDT Fibr connected.. how long did it take after the fibre cable was attached to your property before a team (or maybe it's just a guy on a motorbike) came to connect and install the modem? 

Mike, they did all mine inside two weeks. 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Mike, they did all mine inside two weeks

You are lucky.  Avid readers may remember I applied for it a year ago, online.  I was approved.  A week later I got an email saying I would not be getting FIBR.  No explanation.  I was too pissed off to go into the office and complain or ask questions.  So I still have DSL a year later.

• Sad 1

OzeMike
Posted
Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Mike, they did all mine inside two weeks. 

Thanks Jim this is what I thinking it will be.... SWMBO told me patience is a virtue so if it works I will be become very virtuous from now on :2245_safe::2245_safe:

Edited by OzeMike
  • Like 1

OzeMike
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

You are lucky.  Avid readers may remember I applied for it a year ago, online.  I was approved.  A week later I got an email saying I would not be getting FIBR.  No explanation.  I was too pissed off to go into the office and complain or ask questions.  So I still have DSL a year later.

Maybe worth a retry Dave as the FIBR cabling had extended its coverage a lot since last year. Also think there is a promo on (check dates) for free installation.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Just now, OzeMike said:

Maybe worth a retry Dave

I have considered it, Mike, but every time I do I remember how much PLDT can piss me off so better to be on a completed DSL contract that I can toss out the window any time I like than to start another long term contract.  I hate being tied into those so I put up with the DSL . .  3 to 5 Mbps is OK, but the upload speed sucks.

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
45 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I have considered it, Mike, but every time I do I remember how much PLDT can piss me off so better to be on a completed DSL contract that I can toss out the window any time I like than to start another long term contract.  I hate being tied into those so I put up with the DSL . .  3 to 5 Mbps is OK, but the upload speed sucks.

A Filipino called ric off Facebook did all the preparation for me, all I had to do was go in the office and sign the paperwork. I was expecting to pay for his service but he gets commision from PLDT.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OzeMike
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, OzeMike said:

Thanks Jim this is what I thinking it will be.... SWMBO told me patience is a virtue so if it works I will be become very virtuous from now on :2245_safe::2245_safe:

This being virtuous works.... the guy is installing the modem as I type!

• Like 2