How safe in palawan compared to Koh Samui thailand?

cadoia
Posted
Posted

How safe is palawan compared to koh samui thailand as a example? 

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the forum cadola.

Not sure how to answer your question could you make a comparison to another better known location please?

There are areas of Palawan I would not choose to visit or live in.

cadoia
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Old55 said:

Welcome to the forum cadola.

Not sure how to answer your question could you make a comparison to another better known location please?

There are areas of Palawan I would not choose to visit or live in.

Ok compared to Thailand in general then? 

How safe is it? 

I read about murders and kidnapings here. Terrorists. Its kind of a turn off and im about to relocate from Ecuador due to safety issues here. I got shot here in a robbery 3 years ago so safety is important for me. 

Any feedback is appreciated. thank you :)

• Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Welcome Cadoia

How safe is anywhere these days.....There are lots of touristy places to visit which should make you feel quite safe however the chances are you will pay a lot more that way, depends on your budget.

We have stayed in Puerto Princesa Palawan in  a pension house which was reasonable in price.

Worth researching  "Pension houses Palawan" or try South Travel Philippines agency for short stay accommodation and flight's

Simple Rule would be, don't take risks at night if going solo, enjoy what's on offer during the day till you feel comfortable. :thumbsup:

cadoia
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

Welcome Cadoia

How safe is anywhere these days.....There are lots of touristy places to visit which should make you feel quite safe however the chances are you will pay a lot more that way, depends on your budget.

We have stayed in Puerto Princesa Palawan in  a pension house which was reasonable in price.

Worth researching  "Pension houses Palawan" or try South Travel Philippines agency for short stay accommodation and flight's

Simple Rule would be, don't take risks at night if going solo, enjoy what's on offer during the day till you feel comfortable. :thumbsup:

Price and costs is not really an issue and monthly budget is generous. So i'm willing to pay for a safer location. 

Ill check out Pension houses. Dont know what it is. Thank you ;)

• Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, cadoia said:

Price and costs is not really an issue and monthly budget is generous. So i'm willing to pay for a safer location. 

Ill check out Pension houses. Dont know what it is. Thank you ;)

Cheaper hotels plenty of choices

Edited by Kuya John

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Safety between the Philippines and Thailand, Thailand has a specific tourist police force, the Philippines doesn't.

• Like 1

Eddie1
Posted
Posted

Actually Gary, down here in Dumaguete we do have a specific tourist police force,  They are located along the boulevard which is where a lot of foreigners hang out, there doesn't appear to be a great number of them but there are nearly always a few visible.   

• Like 3

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Gary D said:

Safety between the Philippines and Thailand, Thailand has a specific tourist police force, the Philippines doesn't.

You'll find a few of the tourist areas now have their own Tourist Police.  They're quite common now. 

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted

There are some places in the Philippines I wouldn't go because I wouldn't feel very welcome there but that would be true of the US also. In the Philippines, safety in the majority seems to depend on what activities one engages in.

• Like 3