How safe in palawan compared to Koh Samui thailand?

robert k
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, SenorJorge said:

Cebu apparently has around 900,000 people.  Bangkok city proper has almost 9 million.  Just crazy.  I miss Thailand and I hate it at the same time.  I think the Philippines will fill that void I have in my life since I left SE Asia.  When I look at cities, I like better, not bigger!

I feel the same way. The mega cities are still important for when you need something this instant and in stock. I haven't checked but I suspect Manila is twice 9 million and I'm sure that the actual number of heads is much higher than the official count, whatever it is.

• Like 1

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, robert k said:

I'm sure that the actual number of heads is much higher than the official count, whatever it is.

By 2020, it is predicted that most of the world's megacities will be in Asia, and Metro Manila will have a population of 20 million.

http://worldpopulationreview.com/world-cities/manila-population/

• Thanks 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

By 2020, it is predicted that most of the world's megacities will be in Asia, and Metro Manila will have a population of 20 million.

http://worldpopulationreview.com/world-cities/manila-population/

I wouldn't be surprised if it already was 20 million. Filipinos will tolerate a population density that I don't believe any other nation would.

• Like 1

Hobbit112
Posted
Posted

Metro Cebu's population was 2.85M in 2015 and growing at a rate of 2.13%/yr so should be about 3.1M now.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metro_Cebu

• Thanks 1

SenorJorge
Posted
Posted

I guess metropolitan Bangkok is 16 million.  I get daily reminders of why I do not want to be in that country today or any day ever again.  Not the population numbers.  Other more chilling reminders.   Philippines, alright!!!  As soon as the docs are finished with me, I'm ready!

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

There is no where that is 100% safe ,the brit gov has issued terrorist warnings fir most of the popular terrorist warnings 

Why palawan ?  Palawan is not the only beautifull part of the phils, take a look at siargo as a suggestion 

Phuket was the most beautiful place i had seen ( outside of scotland ) i loved the place ,but that was in 1987 , i would not go back there

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
On 6/18/2019 at 7:10 PM, SenorJorge said:

I get daily reminders of why I do not want to be in that country today or any day ever again.  Not the population numbers.  Other more chilling reminders.  

try.JPG

• Thanks 1

cadoia
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, bastonjock said:

There is no where that is 100% safe ,the brit gov has issued terrorist warnings fir most of the popular terrorist warnings 

Why palawan ?  Palawan is not the only beautifull part of the phils, take a look at siargo as a suggestion 

Phuket was the most beautiful place i had seen ( outside of scotland ) i loved the place ,but that was in 1987 , i would not go back there

Is Siargo having muslim influences? Terrorism? You feel its generally safer than Palawan?

SenorJorge
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

try.JPG

If there's one thing I could take back, it would be ever going to Thailand.  That country literally ruined my life.  I was doing okay one day, the next I landed in Thailand, and that is when the problems began.  Not because of any "south of the border" mentality, but because so many people did really bad things to me there.  People will laugh, and say hey, it was your own fault.  You were stupid."  Not really.  I lived there for a long time, consider myself generally "smart" about Thailand (although no one knows everything) and this still happened to me.  I know there is obsession with money everywhere, but I've NEVER seen obsession with money to the extremes I have seen it in Thailand.  And there is a general attitude in Thailand that scamming foreigners is "normal" and less bad than scamming other Thais.  Take for instance my last wife  This girl (I say girl because she has the mentality of a 13 year old) lied to me about her history with prostitution, married me for no reason other than money, talked to many other men over the course of our engagement, probably continued to freelance while she was engaged to me (I can't confirm), spent over 4000 US dollars in less than a month, will not permit me to go home to the USA for medical treatment because she can't go, sold my diamond engagement ring, then AFTER selling my ring asks me to put her on an allowance.  Yet, its almost like, when I'm talking to her, it seems to me that she genuinely doesn't see anything wrong with her doing any of this.  Its almost "socially acceptable".  "Normal" for Northeastern Thailand maybe.  The entire Thai family lives off of one stupid farang's pension while the female probably cheats and does who knows whatever else.  I refused to accept this as my new life and just made a mad dash for it and got out of there.  You Just slip out the back, Jack.. Make a new plan, Stan...  I just thought it would never happen to me.  I'm too smart to be fooled, too smart to be tricked into fake love.  I know too much about Thailand.  Apparently not.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, SenorJorge said:

I just thought it would never happen to me.  I'm too smart to be fooled, too smart to be tricked into fake love.  I know too much about Thailand.  Apparently not.

Yep and again since your story is in almost every topic I ask if the people you chose and seem to want to choose again but in a different countrie could be part of the causes of your problems ? 

• Love it 1