hollow block perimeter wall

bamfurlong
Posted
Posted

Has anyone got any idea of up todate pricing per metre for a 1.8mtr high garden perimeter wall,,our is 12 metres in total with a single gate and a double gate.

A contractor on the subdivision gave a price but it seems high to me , but i have nothing to compare it with

Regards

John 

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, bamfurlong said:

Has anyone got any idea of up todate pricing per metre for a 1.8mtr high garden perimeter wall,,our is 12 metres in total with a single gate and a double gate.

A contractor on the subdivision gave a price but it seems high to me , but i have nothing to compare it with

Regards

John 

A job that small would be priced on how long it will take and how much the materials cost. A price per meter is useless as it is so small a job.

• Like 3

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

What we do is buy the materials ourselves from our regular builders merchant who will normally know what you need for various jobs and pay the contractors by the day from 300-600 pesos a day and meriendas.  We learnt the hard way never let the contractor buy the materials or borrow our tools !

• Like 5

jimeve
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, expatuk2014 said:

What we do is buy the materials ourselves from our regular builders merchant who will normally know what you need for various jobs and pay the contractors by the day from 300-600 pesos a day and meriendas.  We learnt the hard way never let the contractor buy the materials or borrow our tools !

That's how my/wife's house was built, long time ago rates were from 100 pesos upto 250. Materials were considerable less too. Had to buy some tools like buckets and spades ect.   

• Like 1

bamfurlong
Posted
Posted

the quote from contractor was 160 thousand to do the 12 metre wall,,,it had accent tiles on part of it, two lights on the columns each side of the single gate, a double gate. all painted,,i think it is expensive,,do you think is expensive or correct for 2019 prices.

It also includes the drawing and submission for approval as required by subdivison rules 

hk blues
Posted
Posted
38 minutes ago, bamfurlong said:

the quote from contractor was 160 thousand to do the 12 metre wall,,,it had accent tiles on part of it, two lights on the columns each side of the single gate, a double gate. all painted,,i think it is expensive,,do you think is expensive or correct for 2019 prices.

It also includes the drawing and submission for approval as required by subdivison rules 

FYI - I paid about 125k all-in 3 years ago for a steel/block wall - 1.8m high (block and steel about 40/60 ratio) and around 12 metres long, double and single gates and no electricals or tiles, just painted.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, bamfurlong said:

the quote from contractor was 160 thousand to do the 12 metre wall,

If the Wall is going to be Complete as you indicated and Finished ( as in Skimmed) & Not Brick Finish then I think 160.000 is about the Price. Obviously that will need to have All materials supplied by the Contractor. If you go for that then you must be Foot down hard and No More Cash.

I think I would go 50% down and then 2 Stage Payments as you want but keeping the last payment until Finished

Just my Thoughts :smile:

• Like 3

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, expatuk2014 said:

P 500 per day for construction here in Cavite. 350 for yard work. Just make sure their siesta isn't too long.:ohmy:

• Like 1

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted

180k pesos for a 12 meter wall? Surely not, you could get it done cheaper in the UK.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, fillipino_wannabe said:

180k pesos for a 12 meter wall? Surely not, you could get it done cheaper in the UK.

One has to remember where we are and when it comes to Enclosing a Subdivision House & lot there are so many if buts and whats so it is far better to  go with the Subdivision rules and HOA with a prefered Contractor BTW the cost is 160.000 :wink:

Edited by Jack Peterson
little correction