hollow block perimeter wall

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, fillipino_wannabe said:

180k pesos for a 12 meter wall? Surely not, you could get it done cheaper in the UK.

Yep...but think of the travel cost! :hystery: 

• Haha 1

bamfurlong
Posted
Posted

thanks sonjack..yes it is small bec it is only across the front of our lot,,the back and the side are ok bec it is the subdivison perimeter wall

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, bamfurlong said:

the quote from contractor was 160 thousand to do the 12 metre wall,,,it had accent tiles on part of it, two lights on the columns each side of the single gate, a double gate. all painted,,i think it is expensive,,do you think is expensive or correct for 2019 prices.

It also includes the drawing and submission for approval as required by subdivison rules 

To me this says it is a complete job and would include making the Gates and the Electrical work involved  if this is not the case then no wonder we are all talking cross Purposes. @bamfurlong maybe you can tell us exactly what the Contractor has quoted for because based on what you have said in this post is to me a Complete Job and that will involve more work than many are saying is too expensive :smile:

• Like 2

bamfurlong
Posted
Posted

yes it is the complete job, plan design for the subdivision,  wall, plastered, painted, electrics, accent tiles, single gate and double gate.

i can not show a photo of the design bec the meg is too many

hk blues
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, bamfurlong said:

yes it is the complete job, plan design for the subdivision,  wall, plastered, painted, electrics, accent tiles, single gate and double gate.

i can not show a photo of the design bec the meg is too many

As is said, i paid 125K 3+years ago for a similar size wall, with similar finish so I'd say that your price is in line - now, maybe we were both ripped off but I was OK with the price and the end product so I'm OK with it. 

bamfurlong
Posted
Posted

hello HKBLUES

Thanks for the info,,,,, maybe because i do this construction work in the UK and know what it would cost here, i am always suspicious of quoted prices in philippines when they are quoting for a long nose.

But it would seem that based upon the comments i am getting i guess my quotation is about right  

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
52 minutes ago, bamfurlong said:

hello HKBLUES

Thanks for the info,,,,, maybe because i do this construction work in the UK and know what it would cost here, i am always suspicious of quoted prices in philippines when they are quoting for a long nose.

But it would seem that based upon the comments i am getting i guess my quotation is about right  

I hear you!

The key thing is to get a few quotes if you are dubious, and try to find out what has been charged for others for similar work in the area.  We use the same guy for all our work so I can trust him (to a point).

I've noticed a lot of people think everything should be very cheap here, but I doubt materials are that much cheaper and whilst labour cost is much cheaper, it may represent a small part of the total cost.  Yep, there may be an element of "foreigner tax" included but what can you do? 

jimeve
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, hk blues said:

Yep...but think of the travel cost! :hystery: 

Think of the shipping cost too.

• Haha 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, jimeve said:

Think of the shipping cost too.

Yep - you'd need some amount of balikbyan boxes for that!

• Haha 1

Ozzyboy
Posted
Posted

I just buy the materials and pay for labour,  one thing i do now, instead of buying a truck of sand, xxx bags of cement,

the mix is about 3 sand to 1 cement, i now buy a pallet of pre mix sand cement mix (mortar) and keep any left over for

other jobs, you should be able to get it somewhere in the Philippines, it just reduces wastage in my case.