S and R has GINGER BEER

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

imported from OZ

now if I kould only find carne asada burritos and Fritos, life would be perfect:hystery: 

• Haha 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

I found that a while back. Really good stuff. S&R also has vodka. Now, if they had copper cups, we could make proper Moscow Mules...:hystery:

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted

A bit off-topic, but I enjoyed S&R much more than Costco (it's American cousin in the US). 

The Pizza and the rest of the food court has the same menu and prices (after converting the pesos into dollars), but the membership fee in the US is roughly the same as buying a 40 inch smart TV over here.  I belonged to S&R but I refused to become a member of Costco.

• Like 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted

What is the S&R membership 800 peso ?. Costco in the UK is around 1800 pesos.

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted

The basic membership price in the US is $60 (appox. 3,000 pesos), but they kept on pushing me with very high pressure tactics to get the $120 membership (approx. 6,000 pesos). 

costco pic.JPG

In either case, I didn't like:

• their high pressure tactics 
  • the cost of any of their membership options 
  • plus when I looked around, I didn't see anything that I couldn't buy for the very same price or even less (without the dubious honor of being a member of their club).

In retrospect, I only liked S&R because they had a wide selection of American products and the membership cost was fairly reasonable. 

Plus, I also like S&R pizza :smile:

• Like 1

TimL
Posted
Posted

I’m a member of both Landers and S&R. They both leave a lot to be desired as far as I’m concerned but, it’s better then the alternatives here. 

On a good note, it’s nice to see Landers delivering now especially since HonestBee bailed out.  Same bs with S&R when HonestBee was delivering though, ie. no this, no that. I call bs. I guarantee I could walk in there while they were preparing my delivery and find everything they claim that they’re out of. Oh well, end of rant. It’s cool to at least be able to get some stuff delivered, especially heavy or bulky items.

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, scott h said:

imported from OZ

now if I kould only find carne asada burritos and Fritos, life would be perfect:hystery: 

S&R has the imported frozen burrito's from the US. They aren't that good but I buy them anyway. I shop there mostly for the canned Hormel Chili and the imported cheddar cheese from the US. I was telling my GF last time we were there that I wish they would get some Fritos also.:laugh:

• Like 2

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Arizona Kid said:

I shop there mostly for the canned Hormel Chili and the imported cheddar cheese from the US.

Kitty litter, here. Our cat numbers have got out of control and S&R is the only place we can find the good clumping litter.

Cheese as well. And booze. And some of the meat. Some other things they have are also good. 

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

Fritos also

The only place I have seen Fritos here is at the Duty Free store believe it or not...…….and trust me I have looked lol

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

I love the Aussie made Ginger Beer and the Apple cider both non alchoholic but still have a kick !

We use S&R mainly for doggie treats and the Kirkland coffee we used to buy 3 x 6 litres of water but its cheaper elsewhere, and of course Southern comfort and cherry cola. The wife buys soap powder in bulk and they also sell pitted dates ! And there garlic pizza mmmmmmm

• Like 1