We owe them something?

Hobbit112
Posted
Posted

U.S. Government Humanitarian Aid to the Filipino People (Typhoon Haiyan)

All figures as of May 21, 2014.

FACTS

WATER ASSISTANCE

PEOPLE

EMERGENCY SUPPLIES

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

I have just had an almighty row with my 20 year old daughter about life

22 minutes ago, Hobbit112 said:

Typhoon Haiyan

Perhaps you know Jack's daughter.  Typhoon Haiyan is almost on topic.  But with the other replies on here, I can understand why Jack has a bit of a rant about "young adult children" and then does not come back to respond to the posts that follow.

Jack, I have a couple of ungrateful adult kids myself.  I also have a couple who give me respect and understanding.  You spend a couple of decades trying to get them to turn out right and then its a coin toss whether or not it worked.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hobbit112
Posted
Posted (edited)

I tossed that bit about Typhoon Haiyan in because the post from sonjack2847 didn't have a $ amount to the US contribution

Edited by Hobbit112
grammer, grammer, grammer!
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Balisidar
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

I have just had an almighty row with my 20 year old daughter about life. It matters not how it came about BUT I had to explode and tell her  that the US, UK, Australia and New Zealand + all the other Allies Fought 2+ World  Wars to give the Philippines & others what they have Today only to be told Yeah but you owe us for your staying here.. I will say no more :571c66d400c8c_1(103): WTF

Yeah, but what have we done for them lately? 😂😂😁

• Haha 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Kids who would have them, how many times have you heard ‘ I don’t love you anymore’ when they don’t get there own way or they band the doors on there way out after you have pointed them in the right way and not there way.

Look at the world today and many of the younger generations do blame the older people for there own mistakes .

Usually after a sleep or a long walk everything is back on track but the words can still hurt.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Hobbit112 said:

I tossed that bit about Typhoon Haiyan in because the post from sonjack2847 didn't have a $ amount to the US contribution

Not that it matters but it is on there. I put it up to make a point that we have more than paid for staying here. Too many entitled people in this world who should think before they speak.

• Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

I have just had an almighty row with my 20 year old daughter about life. It matters not how it came about BUT I had to explode and tell her  that the US, UK, Australia and New Zealand + all the other Allies Fought 2+ World  Wars to give the Philippines & others what they have Today only to be told Yeah but you owe us for your staying here.. I will say no more :571c66d400c8c_1(103): WTF

She has a point-less! The allies helped rebuild Japan and participated in the Marshall plan. The Philippines was pretty much left to their own devices after the US gave them their independence. What could possibly go wrong with that decision? Take a look around you if you live here and you will see.:angry::lipssealed_80_anim_gif:

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Up date from me,  Disregarding any Posts that have little to do with the rant really.

Having had a Long Chat to the Wife, I have just paid her (Trishas) Tuition Fee for the next semester together with the Dorm costs 67.000 peso. 

Now let me get real  here Please, Yes we all have children  elsewhere that are ours, Mine  here. I took on at 7 years old and have Given her Everything she wanted  ( now 20 + and Studying Medicine at Doctors Hospital University Cebu)

I Don't Normally go into actual  figures but on this I will, The First 3 years of a 6 year course will cost me something Like 1.3 million Peso, after that she will need at least another 3 years so all in all all I am looking at 3+ Million with  no real guarantee she will succeed on the 2, part ( she can only go to part 2 if she Graduates Part 1) and I owe her? :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Now I have been missing Today because I have been at the Hospital most of it making Sure her "Daddy" lives long enough to pay for all this.

My 7 year post Stroke Prognosis was Good ( all working Well EXCEPT! this damn Blood Sugar thing ( still within the Boundary but Only just.

Then we ( "A" and I) spent 2.5 Hours with the Hospital Accountants trying to arrange some Payment Plan for her ( Trisha's) Aunty ("A's sister) as she is ill Upstairs with Typhoid Sepsis, So we paid this Months Account up  49.000 peso OK so now can you see why my Rant?

Yes of Course I owe them! :hello: Of Course it is about Money, Life is about Money, I spoke to My dear Daughter ( and yes, I love her to bits) an Hour ago, and She now realises that she very nearly Bit the Hand that Feeds her  :89: She also Realises ( I guess talking to Classmates) That In Reality the Philippines in General and Families are very Lucky with the amount of Aid and such that is bestowed on them at any time there is a Disaster of some sought. Unfortunately They are Tomorrows Future And all we do, is try and get them ready for it . In my House I don't cause problems, I solve them This time, Problem Solved  :smile:

Rant over from me:56da64a10ceee_1(235):

Relax my friend. It can only get worse!!:hystery:

• Haha 2