Dual citizenship

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, Gary D said:

It wasn't always ok, it has only been in recent times that the Philippines allowed dual citizenship.

I'm glad that it's now allowed, since my wife and step-daughter will be traveling back and forth for visits in the coming years.

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Although a dual citizen my wife will travel on her British passport, saves hassle and travel tax. Will intend to stay adout 6-7 months each year for now.

jimeve
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

Having two Passports seems to be a benefit to me.  If someone, such as my son, who is a dual citizen of both the Phlippines and the USA, enters the USA with his US Passport, there's no need for any visa.  The same goes for him traveling to the Philippines with his Philippines Passport, no visa needed.

The OP is asking.... What are the advantages of having dual citizenship for your spouse. 

jimeve
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, graham59 said:

Well us Brits are not the only proud CITIZENS of our home country, where we were born and raised, and most of our family live, I'm sure.

Reason enough ? 

Not sure we are on the same page. the OP is asking....What are the advantages of having dual citizenship for your spouse

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, jimeve said:

The OP is asking.... What are the advantages of having dual citizenship for your spouse. 

The advantages of having dual citizenship for my spouse would be the same as the one for my American son (who was born in the Philippines)...i.e., having two passports (for easy entry into both countries without the need for visas).

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Gary D said:

Although a dual citizen my wife will travel on her British passport, saves hassle and travel tax. Will intend to stay adout 6-7 months each year for now.

What if she leaves the Philippines on her British passport? My wife tried that and she was told to use her Filipino passport  or pay a overstaying fine. 

graham59
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, jimeve said:

Not sure we are on the same page. the OP is asking....What are the advantages of having dual citizenship for your spouse

Well if you can't work it out, don't expect to be 'on the same page'  :rolleyes:

• I'm Confused 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, jimeve said:

What if she leaves the Philippines on her British passport? My wife tried that and she was told to use her Filipino passport  or pay a overstaying fine. 

My wife has left the Philippines on her British passport for the last 15+ years never with a problem.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Gary D said:

My wife has left the Philippines on her British passport for the last 15+ years never with a problem.

Was she asked if she is still a Philippine citizen?  Did she have to show proof, either the Philippine passport or certificate that shows she had reacquired her citizenship?

Hobbit112
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, jimeve said:

Nice to have a choice, eh?  In any country a citizen has more benefits over a non-citizen.

• Like 2