The Filipino View of ‘Real Americans’

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Thanks again, Jack, for your diligent and thorough research! Yeah... I forgot about the British having their hands in the pot here too!

You are a font of information and you keep us all honest, I feel!

• Thanks 1

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hahaha... I started a topic about ''The Filipino View of ‘Real Americans’" and we talked more about everything other than the topic... and I'm just as guilty here.

BUT

Edited by Jollygoodfellow

earthdome
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

But the facts remain about the horrible way Americans treated their Philippine "allies." That embarrasses me...

It was interesting to watch old black and white filipino movies, kind of like old US western cowboy movies, where the US Calvary were the bad guys.

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, earthdome said:

It was interesting to watch old black and white filipino movies, kind of like old US western cowboy movies, where the US Calvary were the bad guys.

I've only seen the Filipino movies from the 1970's in grainy color, but the US military treated the locals like crap.  I can't give any titles but I'll try and find them.

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

I for one am not to sure where this is going but Hey Guys if we are going to talk about who has tried succeeded or failed to invade / Colonize and control the Philippines we should talk about them all not just the Germans, Spanish and the US, even the Brits had a Go

Let's not forget about the Chinese.

Chinese colonization in the Philippines

china.JPG

China's colonization of the Philippines. Old map of the Philippines. Illustration at top left shows Chinese traders during the pre-Hispanic era. Since the early 15th century, before Spain took possession of an archipelago in what is now thePhilippines, China had claimed the entire island of Luzon as her territory.

http://globalbalita.com/2017/01/10/chinas-colonization-of-the-philippines/

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

China had claimed the entire island of Luzon as her territory.

Nothing new here Mark they Claim everything is theirs and unfortunately, they  seem to be getting what they want bit by bit

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Seems like maybe deja vu?

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

That's how I feel some days with my increasingly failing memory and gradual loss of intellect... I hate this getting older crap!

• Haha 1

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

That's how I feel some days with my increasingly failing memory and gradual loss of intellect... I hate this getting older crap!

It happens to the best of us, including me :mellow:

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted
On 6/21/2019 at 6:28 PM, Tommy T. said:

I think it's important to learn at least some of these things so we humans don't repeat our silly mistakes made in the past. I try to learn from my own mistakes, but I guess I am a slow learner - but I am making progress.....I hope!

Triple LIKE Tommy T!