Coping with Philippine Culture - Staring

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

I really cannot answer that. My friend and his wife have already left the country and I have little communication with them. He is a bit crazy (really!) and may have made it more difficult, but I don't know... According to him there were just a lot of interviews, tests, questions, hassles... That's all I know...

hk blues
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

I really cannot answer that. My friend and his wife have already left the country and I have little communication with them. He is a bit crazy (really!) and may have made it more difficult, but I don't know... According to him there were just a lot of interviews, tests, questions, hassles... That's all I know...

I think we're at cross purposes - I was asking Mark the question as he said it took him 2 years.  I can only assume there were some complications as the process is relatively straightforward IF you have your ducks in a row.  

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Ah... sorry... Maybe I got into your conversation by mistake... All I know is that it took my friend 2 years to sort out and make it work...

hk blues
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Ah... sorry... Maybe I got into your conversation by mistake... All I know is that it took my friend 2 years to sort out and make it work...

Maybe your friend is Mark?

:hystery:

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

No... My friend is Eric... here in Davao for many years until he and his wife departed earlier this year.

• Thanks 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

On the subject of visas , when i was at Manila last week going through immigration, an American guy with his littke olive skinned hottie  were having problems, he i asume was planning on taking her to the usa on a fiancee visa ,the immigration guy was not letting them leave as she or he were missing some bit of paper 

The girlie was going ape 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
41 minutes ago, bastonjock said:

she or he were missing some bit of paper 

Probably she had no CFA Cert

• Like 1

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, hk blues said:

Why did it take so long - the process wasn't so arduous when I applied for my 13a Visa?

If counting all of the time that I spent in the Philippines, from my first arrival at the Airport, meeting and courting my wife, getting married, getting a probationary 13a, and finally getting the permanent (non-probationary) 13a, it was a longer time for me to become a permant resident (of the Philippines) than it was for my wife to become a permanent resident of the USA... (less than a month from arriving in the USA).  You can say that I'm not comparing apples to apples, but that's my explanation and I'm sticking to it. :smile:

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

There are times when I return to USA where it feels a bit alien to me - so fast, so expensive... familiar, but not... can you understand all that?

I can definitely understand you my fellow (North) American, especially the 'fast' bit, since I was tailgated and honked at for doing only 75 mph on a freeway with a 70 mph speed limit. :ohmy:

Edited by Mark Berkowitz

hk blues
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

If counting all of the time that I spent in the Philippines, from my first arrival at the Airport, meeting and courting my wife, getting married, getting a probationary 13a, and finally getting the permanent (non-probationary) 13a, it was a longer time for me to become a permant resident (of the Philippines) than it was for my wife to become a permanent resident of the USA... (less than a month from arriving in the USA).  You can say that I'm not comparing apples to apples, but that's my explanation and I'm sticking to it. :smile:

On that basis, how long  did it take your wife to get her Green Card - counting from the time you met and started courting?  Gotta compare apples with apples if we are going to use time as a bat to beat the Philippines with Mark. :whistling:

To make a fairer comparison, how long did it take you to get your 13A probationary from the time you started the application process?