What suits you

stevewool
Posted
Posted

We are in the market for flooring for the house in the Philippines, we have to do the two flights of stairs plus the whole floor of around 70 square meters, at the moment it’s just concrete.

Now as we are not there yet we are trying to plan ahead, do we go for tiles all through or have some other flooring , I like the idea of some sort of wood but what is best, what do you have on your floors , is tiles the best way to go, cool floors and it’s just a brush and mop to keep clean.

Also as we still have ceilings to paint and walls too, is it best to leave the tiles until last, I am just wanting to try to keep the dust down once we are there.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, stevewool said:

I like the idea of some sort of wood

:89: Like many of us Steve BUT Wood :whistling: Plenty of Tiles that Look like Wood My friend :smile:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Wood in my opinion is cooler but you have to protect it from the beasties.  My apartment is parquet flooring and a quick sweep and polish every now and again keeps it in shape.  

My house is tiled.  Very easy to mop up but when walking on it in bare feet you can feel the warmth.  I know my bedroom can be like an oven by evening and it takes the aircon on full for a couple of hours to cancel out the heat. 

• Like 2

graham59
Posted
Posted

Wait til you see the CR then... :unsure:

27972973_1971863183133907_3818371653137204173_n.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

Hobbit112
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, graham59 said:

I'd never get out of there, all that running water would make me have to pee constantly!:ohmy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

Don't like the smooth tile floors. Too slippery. Get the rough textured ones so you don't slip and break something on your 3rd trip to the CR in the middle of the night!!:hystery:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, graham59 said:

Will always remind me of the stepping stones at dove dale, Derbyshire:thumbsup: 

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, stevewool said:

Will always remind me of the stepping stones at dove dale, Derbyshire:thumbsup: 

One day our American friends will learn how to pronounce that properly.  :wink:

• Haha 2