Television

blkJack
Posted
Posted

If it's  android based go online YouTube “how to install Kodi“ or Titanium TV or many other android based programs on streaming boxes.

• Like 1

blkJack
Posted
Posted
On 6/25/2019 at 9:13 AM, jimeve said:

I have one and can only get youtube and netflix! 

go to YouTube, type in Adding apps and programs to AMAZON Firestick.  or installing Kodi for Firestick or what ever you want to watch on AMAZON Firestick. helps if you have a computer, smartphone etc to watch and pause while you type in the information into the setup of your TV streaming device (AMAZON Firestick,  MI Box)

• Like 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
58 minutes ago, blkJack said:

go to YouTube, type in Adding apps and programs to AMAZON Firestick.  or installing Kodi for Firestick or what ever you want to watch on AMAZON Firestick. helps if you have a computer, smartphone etc to watch and pause while you type in the information into the setup of your TV streaming device (AMAZON Firestick,  MI Box)

It's a google chromecast that I have, one of the older one's. Are the MI box good? Seen them on Lazada.

blkJack
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, jimeve said:

It's a google chromecast that I have, one of the older one's. Are the MI box good? Seen them on Lazada.

I like the MI box because it has USB, sound pin jack out, HDMI out and it rated the best supported box on the marketplace, it has the full Android instruction set operating  system on it. I use it in the bedroom with a 24” flat screen monitor and a set of speakers. It will not stream Amazon TV. I use a wirless USB mini keyboard with it, the remote is very nice with voice control.  It is 1/3 more money than the Firestick.  The AMAZON Firstick  is hooked up to my 42“ smart TV as it only has HDMI out, which is a disappointment to me, but I also have a subscription to AMAZON TV and you need a Firestick to watch it . It's cheaper and seems to stream very nice as its optimization for it and is equally well supported but limited in its hardware supported. When I travel,  I pack the 24“ monitor and speakers with the MI BOX in my suitcase and stream TV any where thete is WIFI.  Oh BTW I don't own any shares in ether of these devices.

Edited by blkJack
more info
  • Like 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted

With the Chromecast you use your phone as the keyboard.

virginprune
Posted
Posted
On 6/24/2019 at 1:28 PM, jimeve said:

Why not download some movies/TV series when you're home with a fast internet connection. Then when you're in the jungle hut enjoy what you have downloaded.

My stepson does that at the internet cafe in town about once a week.

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted

A bit off-topic, but the wife and I are both awake at approx. 3 am, and she's watching 'Mangandang Buhay," on TFC.  It's in HD with English subtitles, so I'm watching it too.

• Haha 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, virginprune said:

My stepson does that at the internet cafe in town about once a week.

I might just do that