Drug Bust too close to Home, Like next Door!

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

A new Topic in Chatterbox kinda made me have Coffee before I decided to Put up this Topic which left us a little unsettled last night which is why I am not keen on Any Drugs Topics but it is and certainly was a little Frightening for the Family. I felt this Morning that I would Post it because these Drug Busts can and do happen but this one was a Lot closer than the Last one we had in Our Barangay.

Anyway we were sat on the Terrace as we do at about 7pm and Over the Wall in the Normally peaceful Purok of about 25/30 Houses, there was an Almighty Row ( Argument) going on. It would seem that there was a Drug Dealer ( Well known apparently to the Police) Holed up in an Empty House, Whether or not the neighbours knew of this but I suspect they did. So for some time it was shouting screaming Kids crying and just general Mayhem it sounded Like. The came the Blue Lights and 2/3 Jeeps full of The Boys in Blue. about 20 Mins Later the SWAT turn up and things got Heavy. I have just walked the Dogs and other neighbours tell me 4 Arrests were Made but the main man escaped over the Sugar Fields to what I hope is a short lived Freedom. Apparently no shots were Fired (We would have heard these of course) but from one neighbour, the batons were flying about

Anyway, Too close for comfort for us. As I say I am not one for talking much about Drugs but just felt it was worth Posting that although we think we are safe from this sort of thing, Do we ever really believe we are Safe. OH! Yes! in our Walled Castles we may be BUT..................... Outside in a the Local neighbourhood?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Do we ever really believe we are Safe. OH! Yes! in our Walled Castles

One of those things Jack, It can happen anywhere.

While I was in college, the house right behind where I grew up had a drug lab in it. This was an upper middle class neighborhood, Dad was a high school administrator, another neighbor was a high school teacher, another was an owner of a company, another was a real rocket scientists worked for NASA lol.

Bottom line was the police used our yard to stage their men and equipment before raiding the drug house. 

Sometimes ya just have to shrug and go with the flow :cheersty:

• Like 3
  • Hmm thinking 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, scott h said:

Sometimes ya just have to shrug and go with the flow

Here, that is all can do but then, that is anywhere  but From what my Daughter tells me this Morning I may have to find a For sale.jpg  Notice, As it seems now there is a Lot more to this than I knew. :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Lot more to this than I knew.

I hear ya,,,,,,,,,,it continues to surprise me that with all the khismis and gossip that goes on, they never seem to tell us the important stuff :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Sorry to read of this Jack. The area around my folks old place in Talisay is simply overran with drugs now. Sad.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, Old55 said:

Sorry to read of this Jack. The area around my folks old place in Talisay is simply overran with drugs now. Sad.

Seems that as the Police and Drugs brigade Scourge one Area, the Baddies just move on to a new Location using Squats to operate but now I find that the Owner of the Purok Area ( A Big Business name) was told 2 years ago to register all Houses and occupants with the Barangay But no, Business as usual, seems as long as he gets the rents "I'm alright Jack"  We have a new Captain (Chairman they are called now) Who Basically has not got a Clue :whatever: I feel sorry for the Decent Neighbours who I feel may get the Backlash of this and then overspill to the Rest of us which is why My family are just not Happy :facepalm_80_anim_gif:

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

It's to bad Jack when all you require is some quality time the terrace as most of us do. Let's hope it's over soon and back to normal, sure hate to go through it here.

• Thanks 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

It is definitely a controversial topic.  Illegal drugs flourish worldwide, as do the criminal element who profit from them.  I do not know the solution but I have a story to tell.

In Edmonton, Canada, my brother and his wife got a great deal on an almost brand new house.  It was a half million dollar house that was being sold at auction because the previous owners had a grow-op operation going on.  So it is not just squatters who are into illegal drugs.  Now to the rest of the story.  The previous house owners are still in jail, but marijuana is now legal in Canada.  They should have waited a while.

So back to the Philippines.  Some governments have condoned vigilante killings of these drug dealers.  The current one makes no secret of it.  But perhaps the next one will change the mood and make it legal.  One never knows.  So we get back to "It is definitely a controversial topic".

Sorry to hear how close it came to you, Jack.  Gossip has always said that Junob is a hotbed of drug activity but when can we believe gossip? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Sorry to hear how close it came to you, Jack.  Gossip has always said that Junob is a hotbed of drug activity but when can we believe gossip? 

:thumbsup: Maybe I should Listen More? maybe My family should Listen more instead of just saying it is none our Business BUt.................. :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
57 minutes ago, scott h said:
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

Do we ever really believe we are Safe. OH! Yes! in our Walled Castles

One of those things Jack, It can happen anywhere.

Wow did this bring a flashback memory for me.

About 30 years ago I was living in Salem, Oregon USA.  I was away and doing some annual military training when I got an emergency call from the wife.  She tells me someone has "shot the car".   WHAT???  "Someone shot the (second) car in the driveway.  They even shot the tires and the windows are broken!"  The car was older and not running at the time so I told her to call any junk yard and tell them they could have it for free if they hauled it away that day.  Local police are called, neighbors contacted, no one saw anything, no one heard anything.  The car had been hit with at least 12 rounds and no one knew anything about it.  Yeah right!

I get home after my training and a couple days pass and the family begins to feel safe again.  My step daughter comes to me and says "there is a small hole in my wall".  I go to look in her bedroom and find a bullet hole in the wall.  This time I call the Washington State patrol and they send out an officer.  We examine the hole and see that it came through the outside wall, crossed the room, and then went clear through a solid core closet door.  We walk the perimeter of the house and find another bullet hole.  Using a pencil to line up the two holes shows that someone stopped at the corner and fired multiple rounds hitting both the house and the car that had been towed.  He figured these were from the original shooting and the local police had missed seeing them.  Based on the size of the hole he figured it was a caliber .223 semiautomatic.  I suspect that my teenage stepson had somehow made an enemy of a drug dealer but of course he denied it.  Scary $hit for sure.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1