Drug Bust too close to Home, Like next Door!

jimeve
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

:thumbsup: Maybe I should Listen More? maybe My family should Listen more instead of just saying it is none our Business BUt.................. :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Drugs and pushers are all over the place Jack. Last month my next door neighbour got shot and killed not sure if it was the police are another gang who shot him.

I do know he was in jail previously 16 years. Some people never learn. 

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 6/24/2019 at 11:10 AM, Dave Hounddriver said:

Sorry to hear how close it came to you, Jack.  Gossip has always said that Junob is a hotbed of drug activity but when can we believe gossip? 

Jack and I were talking about a similar thing last Thursday comparing Junob to Talay, I have lived in both places. I heard many years ago that Junob was a high crime area. A couple of years ago I was going to buy a lot near Jack and over the weekend somebody was shot on it. The problem is we don`t see what is going on as most of us have not been involved with drugs or crime. I noticed the drug problem much more in Dalaguete where I used to live, very prevalent there.

• Like 1

Heeb
Posted
Posted

My wife has a house in Camarines Norte that her blind sister lives in, two weeks ago one of her nephews was arrested for selling shabu from the house and a week later her nieces boyfriend hung himself from a tree in the backyard, the wife of the nephew wants us to pay 30k pesos to get him out of jail, not going to happen, and I told the wife I won't stay at that house anymore if we visit.

• Like 2

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
On 6/23/2019 at 10:10 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

It is definitely a controversial topic.

Yes, it's controversial, but all past and current attempts to legislate morality fail, and frequently result in violence.  Think about the 'Prohibition of Alcohol' in the US... it was destined to failure, since it created a profitable criminal enterprise, and a highly violent one as well.

‘“Legal marijuana cuts violence says US study, as medical-use laws see crime fall

Murder and violent crime found to have decreased most in states bordering Mexico as drug cartels lose business…”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jan/14/legal-marijuana-medical-use-crime-rate-plummets-us-study

Heeb
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

Yes, it's controversial, but all past and current attempts to legislate morality fail, and frequently result in violence.  Think about the 'Prohibition of Alcohol' in the US... it was destined to failure, since it created a profitable criminal enterprise, and a highly violent one as well.

‘“Legal marijuana cuts violence says US study, as medical-use laws see crime fall

I have to agree with you, I've been a social drinker my whole life and I do like to smoke the occasional doob now and then, I've always been responsible with it and show up to work sober. The "War on drugs" and prohibition have failed and created more problems through unnecessary incarceration, people that have problems with addiction will always find something to get high with and ruin their lives, they will huff on a can of paint thinner that they stole from the hardware store, I can't even buy sudafed at the pharmacy here in Washington.

• Like 1

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Heeb said:

I can't even buy sudafed at the pharmacy

Ironic, isn't it?  You live in a state (Washington) where you can legally buy marijuana, [a drug that the Federal Government (DEA) claims to have 'no currently accepted medical use'], but you're unable to buy sudafed :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

Ok so now Back on Topic :smile: It seems that the Main man The Squad wanted has been Located in Dalaguete @sonjack2847 Not sure if they have him cornered or just under surveillance, But he is not here so Good news there for Junob But as I said before they just move about as and when.

Edited by Jack Peterson
spelling
  • Like 4

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
46 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Ok so now Back on Topic :smile: It seems that the Main man The Squad wanted has been Located in Dalaguete @sonjack2847 Not sure if they have him cornered or just under surveillance, But he is not here so Good news there for Junob But as I said before they just move about as and when.

Maybe this is a bit off the topic?

Over 25 years ago my wife at the time and I were watching TV - the Berlin Wall was falling. We heard a loud BOOM and I went outside to investigate. It turns out that this kid (25 years old) had a crack house across the road (a long way away since this was rural forest) and had blown his house up intentionally to collect insurance money. It was fully ablaze when I looked and I called the fire department. Nothing they could do but watch and hope the surrounding forest didn't also light up... I always wondered why I would hear cars go to his house for maybe 10 minutes at a time, then leave again - almost 24 hours a day. I also wondered when I heard a few rounds from an M60 machine gun (I learned about that from another neighbour who was "in the know"). He even had a wife and infant kid living there...

I guess the point I am making is that one can never be certain always of his neighbours or surroundings or the goings on - even after living someplace for a  few years.... This took place maybe 8 years after we built our house on five acres in Washington. So I just try to observe wherever I am and be extra careful.

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

We live in a small US midwest city, population a bit over 100k, a nice place with many white collar jobs. Yesterday we were at a local park close to where we live which has a small lake with a small beach. Our 17 month old daughter loves the water and in addition to the beach there are nice fountains for her to play in. At 11 in the morning we started hearing sirens. At least 12 police cars and 2 ambulances came and stopped across from the park. It was an active shooter with two people wounded and so far the shooter has not been caught. We weren't in any immediate danger but it was pretty darn close to where we were. The shooter ran and fortunately ran away from the park.

Glad to hear everything was ok for you and your family Jack.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

It seems that the Main man The Squad wanted has been Located in Dalaguete

Is it just my perception, more press coverage or true that there seems to be more violence here in the Philippines? I know there is more big violence in USA with all the mass shootings in the past several years... And how about violence to foreigners here? Do have any feel for that?

On 6/24/2019 at 1:09 PM, jimeve said:

Drugs and pushers are all over the place Jack

That sentence is a bit disturbing...