Drug Bust too close to Home, Like next Door!

hk blues
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Is it just my perception, more press coverage or true that there seems to be more violence here in the Philippines? I know there is more big violence in USA with all the mass shootings in the past several years... And how about violence to foreigners here? Do have any feel for that?

That sentence is a bit disturbing...

Not having lived in the US it's difficult for me to say if it is more or less dangerous than here.

As a foreigner living here, I keep my head down and avoid situations which look "iffy" to me so I haven't encountered any issues but I'm sure happening all around me. 

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, hk blues said:

As a foreigner living here, I keep my head down and avoid situations which look "iffy" to me so I haven't encountered any issues but I'm sure happening all around me. 

Okay... thanks for the advice. I try to do the same...

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Okay... thanks for the advice. I try to do the same...

To be honest, I did the same when I was living back in the UK so don't really need to adjust my thinking too much.  I genuinely think the likelihood of trouble here is the same as in the UK - but the consequences may be much more severe here. 

• Hmm thinking 1

Hobbit112
Posted
Posted
On 6/26/2019 at 11:14 PM, Tommy T. said:

Is it just my perception, more press coverage or true that there seems to be more violence here in the Philippines? I know there is more big violence in USA with all the mass shootings in the past several years... And how about violence to foreigners here? Do have any feel for that?

That sentence is a bit disturbing...

I would say there is as much as that kind of violence in the US or more, you just don't hear about it.  The US media is more focused on national news and sensationalism and don't necessarily want to alarm the general populace.

Just my opinion. :thumbsup:

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, hk blues said:

To be honest, I did the same when I was living back in the UK so don't really need to adjust my thinking too much.  I genuinely think the likelihood of trouble here is the same as in the UK - but the consequences may be much more severe here. 

I am thinking to agree with you also about in USA. There just seem to be so many shootings, and here so many knifings and fights. I am also agreeing with you that - given a similar situation here compared in many "Western" countries, things would be worse here - health care, judicial system, police... But I don't really know... Maybe someone like Jack has more insight to share regarding troubles here for foreigners?

1 hour ago, Hobbit112 said:

I would say there is as much as that kind of violence in the US or more, you just don't hear about it.  The US media is more focused on national news and sensationalism and don't necessarily want to alarm the general populace.

Just my opinion

And I agree also with you that there is lots of violence in USA and more. I remember living near Chicago and every day almost there were reports of shootings, robberies, gang fights and on and on...

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Tommy T. said:

Maybe someone like Jack has more insight to share regarding troubles here for foreigners?

Well a Little Later there will be some news of just that and how 9/10 any Problems for a foreigner have been brought on themselves :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Well a Little Later there will be some news of just that and how 9/10 any Problems for a foreigner have been brought on themselves :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

I hear you. I know of at least two foreigners here who caused their own hassles because of, mainly, their attitudes. And have seen plenty of that in other countries during my travels.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Now back on Topic! The said Perpetrator in Hiding, is no longer in Hiding but holed up in a Cell awaiting a trip Back to Negros. Seems that Cebu want to keep him but only have 1 Warrant, (Negros) Dumaguete police have 3 so I guess the numbers may win? :whatever:

Odd that this has not made the media yet but it is an everyday thing and a Filipino involved

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Now back on Topic! The said Perpetrator in Hiding, is no longer in Hiding but holed up in a Cell awaiting a trip Back to Negros. Seems that Cebu want to keep him but only have 1 Warrant, (Negros) Dumaguete police have 3 so I guess the numbers may win?

Nice to see someone get caught! And glad he didn't do anything more.

An aside, if it's okay? Yesterday I was driving my Partner home from work and was in the left lane of two lane road. There's a third, supposedly left-turn-only lane that is made as you approach a stop light. Routinely, people drive into the left-turn-only lane, only to pass straight through the intersection and then skooch back into the left lane so they can get ahead by maybe 3-4 cars. Yesterday a guy in his yes, Fortuner, was doing just that and finally merged right in behind me. Then three CTTMO guys stopped traffic (it looked at first like they were going to stop me) and pulled him over into a parking lot to, presumably write him a ticket. It really cheered me to see them finally start to enforce some traffic so-called laws.

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Odd that this has not made the media yet but it is an everyday thing and a Filipino involved

Just curious, Jack... How did you hear about this if not on the media - coconut telegraph?