Is £10 really a lot for monthly Water?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Had our District Water Bill this Morning, Up a Little from Last month but it is 4 days late being Read. Now we are 4 Adults plus a somewhat extensive Front Garden to Water plus a Dusty Road to Damp Down each Evening .

Our Bill for this Month is 620+ peso which even with  reduced Exchange  rate just of now is still below that £10, So I am not really complaining but have posted this just out of Curiosity, I know that there are Members here that have a Greatly reduced Bill as a lot is Private Water and some Largely Discounted in some way but for those on a District Line ( With all the services added in that can Drawn when Required)  ie Septic Emptying once a Year, New Sewage works that have recently Started to operate, Our River is now cleaner than ever I remember it as the Tankers no Longer Put any water in them but it is all take to the Sewage Farm for Treatment ( as it should be)  

In all Honesty do others feel that District water is Not as expensive as many might make out? :89:

Just a Thought. :smile: 

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

We get a water bill that we have to pay, I think last time it was about 800 peso?  That doesn't include having the septic tank emptied, that was an extra fee.  And off course the 25 litre drinking water containers from the local water seller aren't included either.

To be honest I never really worried about the water bill much, I pay more attention to the electric because that can get pretty expensive if we don't watch how much we use the AC units. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted (edited)

Mine was 245 this month but the prices are going up soon as shown in the leaflet I had stuck to the gate yesterday in the rain. Although it does not make sense to me as it is cheaper on the leaflet than I paid for 9 cm. Still not expensive though.

Water price increase..jpg

Edited by sonjack2847
Speeling
  • Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted

mine was zero, use our well water.:thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, jimeve said:

I peed in that well.

• Haha 5

virginprune
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Me too.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

Had our District Water Bill this Morning, Up a Little from Last month but it is 4 days late being Read. Now we are 4 Adults plus a somewhat extensive Front Garden to Water plus a Dusty Road to Damp Down each Evening .

Our Bill for this Month is 620+ peso which even with  reduced Exchange  rate just of now is still below that £10, So I am not really complaining but have posted this just out of Curiosity, I know that there are Members here that have a Greatly reduced Bill as a lot is Private Water and some Largely Discounted in some way but for those on a District Line ( With all the services added in that can Drawn when Required)  ie Septic Emptying once a Year, New Sewage works that have recently Started to operate, Our River is now cleaner than ever I remember it as the Tankers no Longer Put any water in them but it is all take to the Sewage Farm for Treatment ( as it should be)  

In all Honesty do others feel that District water is Not as expensive as many might make out? :89:

Just a Thought. :smile: 

You have it good.  We pay a lot more? How much do you pay per cubic meter?

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

You have it good.  We pay a lot more? How much do you pay per cubic meter?

Basic is 16.38 but over all 24.56 ( that includes all additions and service charges. We have to contract for 10 cubic per month as a Fixed rate.

hk blues
Posted
Posted

I am on a main supply system, no septic emptying included.  We pay between 200php and 300php a month but most of our neighbours are 2 or 3 times that - my wife is very economic i.e. she recycles water from the washing machine to wash the terrace etc etc.  Also, we don't have a grass garden so watering is minimal.  

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Last month I got hit with an 1,810 peso bill. Figured I had a leak. This month I was away for two weeks and when I returned my water tank was empty and I could hear air whistling out of my tank ball valve. The meter was spinning very fast.  I called out the water meter reader from the municipality and he said I'd used over 120 cubic metres of water.  Obviously it was just air though. He quoted well over 2k peso.  Fortunately I kicked a stink up and it was reduced to 500 peso.  Still a rip off as it's usually less than 300 peso.  I'm now into day 5 of no water.  Some areas it's 3 months. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1