Is £10 really a lot for monthly Water?

virginprune
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, jimeve said:

No, but I know what you are going to say. Electric pump cost money to run. so it's not zero cost. :smile: 

That is true, but it is minimal. My electric costs around P1200 a month all in...no aircon as not wanted or needed.

jimeve
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, virginprune said:

That is true, but it is minimal. My electric costs around P1200 a month all in...no aircon as not wanted or needed.

Mine's slightly more, about 2,000 depends who stays. No aircon either.

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, virginprune said:

Is it cooler in cotabato ?

virginprune
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, bastonjock said:

Is it cooler in cotabato ?

In certain areas yes. We live outside the city on a fairly higher elevation and are also surrounded by coconut palms and other fruit trees. We also have decent airflow through the roof to ceiling area, hogh ceilings and the house is built with clay blocks which make the walls far cooler than hollow blocks.

• Like 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
Just now, virginprune said:

In certain areas yes. We live outside the city on a fairly higher elevation and are also surrounded by coconut palms and other fruit trees. We also have decent airflow through the roof to ceiling area, hogh ceilings and the house is built with clay blocks which make the walls far cooler than hollow blocks.

I was at lake acgo close to Kidawapan that was just like the UK it was nice and cool , my jungle hut is about 250 meters up mount apo , I can sleep there over night without aircon , but in my gf,s house in davao,  the aircon is on 

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:89: OH! OH! here we go, So now a Topic Changes from Water costs to Electricity Cost and Friggin Air Con. Get a Grip Guys:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Good night  said zebidee.jpg

• Haha 3
  • I'm Confused 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

When I lived alone as an OAP in the UK, my water bill averaged about £10 a month... and that with a water meter... so accurate and fair. 

My water bill here in the Phils (me Mrs and small boy) averages around p300 a month in the dry season. 

So I reckon the water here (Dagupan area) is pretty good value for money. :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 6/25/2019 at 4:33 PM, OnMyWay said:

We don't drink it, but many expats drink our water

Maybe why it cost you more. Tell them to drink their own. :smile:

• Haha 4

Gary D
Posted
Posted

We also have our own well so our water is free with free fibre internet included.

The pump has its own meter and uses about 10-11k per month, we charge the neighbours 150 pesos per month for the first 10 cubic metres then so much per cubic metre after that.

image.png

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 6/26/2019 at 1:26 AM, Nickleback99 said:

Don, y’all’s water inside Subic is drinkable from tap still?

I'm having second thoughts about drinkable!  I have some plumbers here right now and there is some really dirty crap coming out of the pipes.  These particular pipes are probably 20 years old.  I will stick with bottled water!

• Like 1