Is £10 really a lot for monthly Water?

graham59
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Gary D said:

We also have our own well so our water is free with free fibre internet included.

The pump has its own meter and uses about 10-11k per month, we charge the neighbours 150 pesos per month for the first 10 cubic metres then so much per cubic metre after that.

image.png

Well, I suppose it will be free once the installation costs have been fully recouped. 

Presumably they have ?

• Like 1

Nickleback99
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

there is some really dirty crap coming out of the pipes. 

THAT can never be good!  Sounds like bottled H2O is the Only way to go!  I still loved y’all’s place when we visited and will always appreciate your showing us around.  Good luck 🍀  on the pipes!

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted
On 6/27/2019 at 4:21 AM, OnMyWay said:

I'm having second thoughts about drinkable!  I have some plumbers here right now and there is some really dirty crap coming out of the pipes.  These particular pipes are probably 20 years old.  I will stick with bottled water!

Good idea. I wouldn't drink the tap water unless water from your taps tested clean. Even if the water company is producing potable water there is no guarantee that it is not picking up bad stuff like lead or bacteria in the pipes somewhere between the water plant and your house.

jimeve
Posted
Posted

I would never drink tap water here. Not worth getting your liver or kidneys damaged. Price for a 5 gallon of water, I pay 25 pesos delivered.

• Hmm thinking 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, jimeve said:

I would never drink tap water here. Not worth getting your liver or kidneys damaged.

Nor would I Jim yet how strange we all think nothing of Drinking a beer or two produced using River water :89: maybe that is what gives our preferred Tipple its Distinct Flavour in Beer :whistling:

• Haha 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
52 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Nor would I Jim yet how strange we all think nothing of Drinking a beer or two produced using River water :89: maybe that is what gives our preferred Tipple its Distinct Flavour in Beer :whistling:

As long Kevin's not peed in it.

• Haha 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

The water is boiled during the beer making process that's why in the olden days beer was drunk in preference to drinking the water. Children were given weak beer hence the term small beer. Call me sceptical but I wouldn't trust the water from the water stations either.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Gary D said:

The water is boiled during the beer

:smile: Easy just Boil your Tap water then Drink it :wink:

Gary D
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

:smile: Easy just Boil your Tap water then Drink it :wink:

We do for making tea and coffee but for cold drinks a bit of a hassle.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, Gary D said:

We do for making tea and coffee but for cold drinks a bit of a hassle.

:whatever: