Progress

graham59
Posted
Posted

Yes... we grow and eat kangkong too . Forgot that one.  Oh, and also forgot Chives.  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Progress :unsure: To me, means moving Forward, Now that is Funny, Here in Dumaguete even businesses will tell you we are still living life like it was in the 50's and you know what ? It seems like that some days it is 2 steps forward 3 steps back The only real progress is the uping of Wages from 4 peso a day to whatever, All that happens is that our Locals can now buy more of whatever it is that is slowly killing them but not in all cases it would seem from another Topic, Years ago, our Elders would tell us it will get worse before it gets better, I Wonder? :wink:

Jack:89:

Morning all :photo-109: 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, virginprune said:

As well as sweet potato leaf I like kangkong (swamp cabbage) as a substitute for spinach. I use it quite a lot in Indian dishes like sag gosht and vegetable balti.

Yeah... L and I love kangkong... Actually one of the best things - besides the people - is the indigenous food available here that the locals grow and prepare.

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

It seems like that some days it is 2 steps forward 3 steps back

You forgot the two steps to the left, then three to the right, click your heels...

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted

Sorry for going off-topic, but whenever I hear the word 'Progress,' I can't help myself from remembering Ronald Reagan's TV pitches for Gerneral Electric:

"... at General Electric, progress is our most product."

progress.JPG

https://youtu.be/xeSmNaKCjaw