Lease Negotiations in Greater NCR

Nickleback99
Posted
Posted

Goodnight all! I’m looking for some guidance/advice on home lease negotiation strategies in the bigger NCR area.  Saw some prior topic threads with suggestions of offering around 11% under listing price or using the “hammer” to offer even 20+% less, noting the later risks shutting one out completely from Any counter offer due to “insult”.  I realize those ideas might be better suited to buying vice leasing?  We will need to lease a furnished home, of which are a decent number of those on line;, but not near as many as empty ones; so, that might weaken our position, But wanted to ask group for any suggestions on getting a lease price down.  I’d prefer not to pay a full year up front, but we are ok with post dated checks for a year, etc.  Any input is greatly appreciated.  Hope to be there by April!

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted

Got ours for 32k when it was originally listed for 40k. Just make an offer, there's loads of houses just sat empty in our subdivision. 

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted

I certainly wouldn't be looking to pay a year up front unless it allows you to negotiate a great deal - from what I can gather, and using my own experience, 2 months refundable deposit should be enough as well as 1 month rent in advance. 

• Like 2