Kitchen inspections every day

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I doubt if this is done in many places but here in Cebu IT Park I observe two guys every night ( sometimes one)  inspecting every food outlet or resturaunt. They enter the kitchens with a clipboard and inspect.

My wife, who owned (and operated) an eatery in Batangas, now works in the restaurant industry in the US.  She is both surprised and pleased to see these types of inspections. 

Good job and hope one day there is more of it. 

Hopefully so.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Good job and hope one day there is more of it. 

I wish they would do it here in Davao. Right now, I doubt it.

About two months ago I was at the cashier at S & R waiting for my pizza when I saw a huge rat skitter past on the floor, behind the cashiers and sort of beneath the heated serving counters - yuck. The next people in line behind me saw that too and were also disgusted.

I guess it could be worse. In the Marshall Islands, I observed rats so big and fat that they could only waddle as they cruised through outside restaurant venues...

• Like 3

Howard
Posted
Posted

They need to do that in Manila! Just this morning I was about to order at Bonchon when a couple of roaches danced across the counter. This was at one of the large malls no less. It will never happen but hot water and soap in the bathrooms should be mandatory too.:no:

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Howard said:

It will never happen but hot water and soap in the bathrooms should be mandatory too.:no:

Hot water - water of any temperature would be a great start! 

• Like 4

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Howard said:

They need to do that in Manila! Just this morning I was about to order at Bonchon when a couple of roaches danced across the counter. This was at one of the large malls no less. It will never happen but hot water and soap in the bathrooms should be mandatory too.:no:

14 minutes ago, Howard said:

I don't know exactly where Jolly is talking about but it sure as hell isn't around where I live. If you see roaches in the dining room, imagine how many there are in the kitchen! :89:

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Speaking of inspections, another maid resigned last week, telling us her husband does not want her to be a maid, well we didn't call her a maid we gave her the title of "General duties", evidently the term maid is frowned upon.

Anyway after she left I took up the cleaning duties, no problem I have been doing it all my life, but imagine my surprise when I started sweeping the floors that behind every door in the house there was a pile of dirt, just lying there, maybe it was a wind swirl or some other magical thing that caused all the dirt to gather behind the doors. 

I will ponder this over a few beers tonight.

Cheers,

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Howard said:

Just this morning I was about to order at Bonchon when a couple of roaches danced across the counter.

Cockroaches are hard to control in a humid climate. They will find a way in no matter what. Could come in in crates of soft drink being delivered or through the drain pipes.

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

imagine my surprise when I started sweeping the floors that behind every door in the house there was a pile of dirt,

Sounds like those doors are always open otherwise you would or should have seen it before. :tongue:

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Cockroaches are hard to control in a humid climate

At least they aren't having to shoo them off their green salads like I had to do a few times in Fiji... yuck!

• Like 2