And then she said, "It's Just Like The Philippines"!

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
45 minutes ago, Balisidar said:

Another one was John Lennon's comments about the Beatles being " More popular than Jesus Christ"

Remember that Catholicism then and now plays a huge part in their lives and it's not just the Beatles that have had songs banned from playing in the Philippines

Interesting!  I never thought of that!

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

Wow!  I'm still amazed about how many more Beatles songs that my wife has never heard before.  It's almost as if she escaped a 'cold-war era' soviet (or soviet bloc country) instead of the Philippines.

We really do need to buy a karaoke machine very soon, but it needs to be an economical device... suggestions are welcomed.

It is interesting - all the talk here about Filipinos not aware of or particularly interested in Beatles music? My neighbour across the street drives me nuts sometimes when he -and his dad - play guitars and sing Beatles songs to death. Sortof like hearing Stairway to Heaven - so sick of it after hearing it played how many thousand times?

Hmmm... Mark, you want to buy a karaoke machine? I suggest you buy one that uses a 10 amp fuse, then replace that fuse with a .5 amp fuse. That way the volume won't ever get to loud. And, you live in Texas, right? The locals there might not appreciate bad music sung badly? Or else maybe you will need to supply the entire neighbourhood with endless Lone Star Beer? hahaha...

• Haha 2

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

The locals there might not appreciate bad music sung badly?

Tom, aren't you jumping to conclusions? 

They might "appreciate bad music sung badly," since that's all that I ever hear them playing on the radio. :whistling:

Thank-you Sirius satellite radio! :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

Yeah... could be too. Like the ideal country song with the guy singing about the day he got out of prison, his mother got run over by a train...etc?

So many times karaoke here sounds like someone killing a cat!

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

Do you have a 12 gauge shotgun mounted on the gunrack in the back of your pickup truck yet?

• Haha 1

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Yeah... could be too. Like the ideal country song with the guy singing about the day he got out of prison, his mother got run over by a train...etc?

But you left out the parts about getting drunk and stoned, killing a man, getting re-arrested and escaping jail and killing a sherriff, and then getting drunk and stoned again, and it then it goes 'on and on' and 'on and on' and 'on and on'... hahaha

• Haha 1

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Do you have a 12 gauge shotgun mounted on the gunrack in the back of your pickup truck yet?

Nah, I need to buy a Ford F-150 first... I'm still driving one of those FUR-IN cars (a VW Passat). :sad:

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

But you left out the parts about getting drunk and stoned, killing a man, getting re-arrested and escaping jail and killing a sherriff, and then getting drunk and stoned again, and it then it goes 'on and on' and 'on and on' and 'on and on'... hahaha

Yeah... I sortof remember that song? Is that on top 40 now?

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

Nah, I need to buy a Ford F-150 first... I'm still driving one of those FUR-IN cars (a VW Passat). :sad:

Well... it has to be 4-wheel drive, dented and rusty, with a big Warn winch on the front. Gun rack for two guns - that shotgun and a Winchester rifle. Don't forget to have the beer cooler in the back. And get yourself a belt with a huge buckle in front from some rodeo. And better get that Stetson hat to cover the bald spot.... Ya-heah?

• Haha 1

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Well... it has to be 4-wheel drive, dented and rusty, with a big Warn winch on the front. Gun rack for two guns - that shotgun and a Winchester rifle. Don't forget to have the beer cooler in the back. And get yourself a belt with a huge buckle in front from some rodeo. And better get that Stetson hat to cover the bald spot.... Ya-heah?

You forgot to mention my gun belt with a hand gun that the Texas government says is perfectly legal now with their 'open carry law.' :hystery:

gun.JPG

• Haha 1