Posted
Posted

Me, Me, Me, Me, Me. 

:facepalm_80_anim_gif:

• Haha 3

jimeve
Posted
Posted

What's the capacity of the batteries and wattage of the solar panels. your house looks stunning.  

• Like 2

virginprune
Posted
Posted

Nice house. I assume that if you double the panels onto the other side of the roof that would double your electricity in terms of hours available.

Without AC or fans how long would you estimate the batteries would last for? This really interests me as I live in Barangay Brownout!

Gary D
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, virginprune said:

Nice house. I assume that if you double the panels onto the other side of the roof that would double your electricity in terms of hours available.

Without AC or fans how long would you estimate the batteries would last for? This really interests me as I live in Barangay Brownout!

The panels need to be on the side facing the sun, the other side will be largely in the shade.

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, PaulB said:

It cost me PHP 200k and has the capacity to be added to in the future. 2 days installation time.

Thanks a lot for sharing that, Paul B. I will be building a home soon and hope to also include solar panels. Not sure yet if I will do the total off-grid system using batteries and inverter during brown or black-outs, but definitely like the idea of supplying my own power as much as possible - electricity is so expensive here...

• Like 1

PaulB
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Thanks a lot for sharing that, Paul B. I will be building a home soon and hope to also include solar panels. Not sure yet if I will do the total off-grid system using batteries and inverter during brown or black-outs, but definitely like the idea of supplying my own power as much as possible - electricity is so expensive here...

Tommy

We are still on the grid but have the option to switch to the solar when we are using low amounts such as during the day if we are both out.

Paul

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, PaulB said:

We are still on the grid but have the option to switch to the solar when we are using low amounts such as during the day if we are both out.

Paul - yeah... I love that idea and hope to integrate a system like that too. What you did seems - to me - to definitely be the wise way to go. What batteries are you using? They look like 4D. Wet, gel or dry? How many amp/hours? I am interested in anything to cover during power failures but also want to reduce my total grid bill too in the future...

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Gary D said:

The panels need to be on the side facing the sun, the other side will be largely in the shade.

Apparently Not;

********* Solar panels use the energy from daylight, as opposed to sunlight, to produce electricity so panels do not need direct sunlight to work. It is photons in natural daylight which is converted by solar panels cells to produce electricity. Heat has no effect on the production of electricity.****  :wink:

• Like 4