Price comparison UK to Philippines

jimeve
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

So before people start moaning about services here look at the bigger picture. This is a 3rd world country and the services are very young here. Dumaguete has only had electric for around 45 years. 

Had 4 brownouts yesterday, not getting any better. And the outside disco almost blown my windows in. My tenant said if I can't stop the noise he will leave. So yes I am complaining.

Every Saturday this disco shit until end of July, can't complain to anybody it's an official disco for the Barangay.

Sorry for going off topic and the rant.   Oh and the disco stopped at 2am this morning.

Edited by jimeve
lack of sleep lol
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Oh and the disco stopped at 2am this morning.

Our Local one was 3.30 am

• Sad 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jack Peterson said:

Our Local one was 3.30 am

This one was could be heard 5 kilometers away with all the flashing lights, fkin house was shaking.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, jimeve said:

This one was could be heard 5 kilometers

Yosser hughes.jpg Ridiculous  but as you say Barangay approved :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted

I want to sell up and move, but wife won't sell.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)

When we looked for a house I remember the father in law saying the 'house should be in a quiet area', and after talking a lot with SWMBO we ended up with a house at the back of the subdivision in a dead end street, at the time I thought it was a bit out of the way but SWMBO was happy with it, the house was in good condition and the price was right.  So I thought I could put up with the location.  In retrospect I now think that the family knew something I didn't, that the area close to the shops and the church and the plaza (which was where I was initially looking) would have been too noisy with parties and drunks and would have driven me mad.

But 5 kilometers?  That's going to take huge amplifiers, concert level ones.  The public events and similar down at the plaza/basketball court can be heard for a few streets (maybe 500 meters?).

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

But 5 kilometers?  That's going to take huge amplifiers, concert level ones.  

And no doubt drawing too much Voltage which is maybe why there were 4  (Quick ones I would think) for Fuse changes. It happens :wink:

• Like 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
37 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

That's going to take huge amplifiers, concert level ones.  The public events and similar down at the plaza/basketball court can be heard for a few streets (maybe 500 meters?).

That's exactly what they were, concert ones. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

OK haha can we have some comparisons now mates.

• Like 2