Price comparison UK to Philippines

hk blues
Posted
Posted

Undoubtedly the UK is significantly cheaper, but that doesn't help when you are in the middle of a movie and the power cuts out.  Or the water trickles out of the shower head, or the staff in the local supermarket are working at a pace that a snail would be proud (or is that ashamed) of!  it's easy in the cold light of day to be rational, but when things go wrong it's perhaps the last thing on our minds.

That said, it's not all bad and I'm (slowly) adapting to the downsides and becoming more accepting.  

• Like 3
  • I'm Confused 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
52 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Undoubtedly the UK is significantly cheaper

Should that not be the other way round?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

If you have your own property in the Philippines it becomes much cheaper but everything else can be about equal unless you are happy with rice and soup 3 times a day.

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, jimeve said:

I want to sell up and move, but wife won't sell.

Come on Jim, Put your foot down,with a firm hand :89:

12 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

OK haha can we have some comparisons now mates.

Yes Kevin, I want to know how much dishwashers and house-boys get :whistling: Got to consider all my options.

Our House phone, internet connection and mobile phone contracts work out in total £81 per month.

TV licence is £154.50p for the year. Car road tax £280.00p  per year Mot £47 per year.....on top of council tax of around £1600 add £36 for garden waste per year. and the bins now emptied once a fortnight! Oh and yes they have now added £19 for a Metro Mayor to the Council Tax.

House insurance £150 per year, Car insurance £260 per year,  Beer at £2;50 local or £5;00 at Euston Station; not to mention the cost of  Petrol or Dying in the UK!

Sorry am I moaning......:mocking:

Edited by Kuya John
  • Like 2

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

My kids here in the UK have it tough

My sons monthly outgoings are in the region of 4k gbpounds

My eldest daughter is about 5k a month

Youngest is probably about 1k a month 

If your not paying rent in the phils ,i figure you can live like the queen for 1500 a month 

Ive seen a you tuber who lives on 600 us a month 

Im glad im not a young brit ,it felt hard enough 40 years ago 

• Like 2

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, bastonjock said:

Im glad im not a young brit ,it felt hard enough 40 years ago 

Yes me too, The Lad across the road from us, just packed in work and got off to Aussie 18 months ago, came back for a short holiday and said he plans to make a life for himself in Australia. I would advise any young person to head for America or Australia.

The lifestyle and rewards are there for those prepared to have a go, I worry for my children trying to bring families up here in the UK.

• Like 1

Hobbit112
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Kuya John said:

House insurance £150 per year, Car insurance £260 per year,

That's cheap insurance!  In the US my house insurance ran $1500 per year for a 100k value house and my car insurance was $650 for basic liability. 

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I am a tight git, my broadband tv phone package is £24 a month ok I don’t use the phone at all and it’s the basic tv package, but we have great high speed broadband, gas and electricity is £74 a month , water is £20 a month , rates is £110 for 10 months , mobile phone £7 a month, tv licence £13 a month, then it’s down to food each month and that is around £200 , then running a car, 

• Like 2

Hobbit112
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, bastonjock said:

Ive seen a you tuber who lives on 600 us a month

I think that is core costs only.  They don't like to post all their costs.  

With rent I really have to watch my spending to keep my budget under $1000 a month here in the Philippines.

Edited by Hobbit112
  • Like 1