US President Donald Trum-p has become the first US president to set foot on North Korean soil

robert k
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Mark.... I don't think there is any way to rationalize the use of nuclear weapons. And maybe they will soon be obsolete with the development of the new hypersonic missles? These are totally legal and unregulated so they may proliferate too.

So my question is this: Why are humans still so tribal by nature? In some ways, we have not - emotionally - seemed to have gotten past living in caves... I know it is a rhetorical question that nobody can answer...

Actually I can answer why humans are still tribal. It's a survival trait.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, robert k said:

Actually I can answer why humans are still tribal. It's a survival trait.

Hello Robert. I agree with you. It certainly made sense for how many thousand years of human history?

But it seems a bit outdated to me now. I would certainly like to see humanity move on and become a global culture. Personally, one on one, most of us from disparate cultures get along? But business and government heavies look like they are always pushing and shoving for market share and natural and human resources? At least that's my opinion...

robert k
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Hello Robert. I agree with you. It certainly made sense for how many thousand years of human history?

But it seems a bit outdated to me now. I would certainly like to see humanity move on and become a global culture. Personally, one on one, most of us from disparate cultures get along? But business and government heavies look like they are always pushing and shoving for market share and natural and human resources? At least that's my opinion...

There are a great many people saying let people go wherever they please. Unfortunately, those people know nothing of the values of the people they would invite in. Sure a man can dream of women in the US having the rights of a woman in the South Sudan, and the Feminists welcome people from that region, unknowing. Maybe they think they will become like us? No, that's not going to happen.

• Hmm thinking 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

But it seems a bit outdated to me now. I would certainly like to see humanity move on and become a global culture.

Haven't the supposed Super Powers bee trying to achieve this this for oh, so many Years and it just leaves Mayhem all over

• Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
47 minutes ago, robert k said:

There are a great many people saying let people go wherever they please. Unfortunately, those people know nothing of the values of the people they would invite in. Sure a man can dream of women in the US having the rights of a woman in the South Sudan, and the Feminists welcome people from that region, unknowing. Maybe they think they will become like us? No, that's not going to happen.

You make a good point, Robert. Thanks for that. You make me think more now.

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
47 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Haven't the supposed Super Powers bee trying to achieve this this for oh, so many Years and it just leaves Mayhem all over

Hi Jack. You make a valid point there too. It leads me to the hackneyed old question: "Is there intelligent life on earth?"

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
50 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Hi Jack. You make a valid point there too. It leads me to the hackneyed old question: "Is there intelligent life on earth?"

Could explain why ET's (extraterrestrials) are reluctant to make direct contact with us (earthlings).  Maybe they don't see as "intellegent life," certainly not intelligent enough for them to be bothered with making actual contact with us. :89:

https://www.philippines-expats.com/topic/30383-ufos-reported-by-us-navy-pilots/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
Just now, Mark Berkowitz said:

Could explain why ET's (extraterrestrials) are reluctant to make direct contact with us (earthlings).  Maybe they don't see as "intellegent life," certainly not intelligent enough for them to be bothered with making actual contact with us. :89:

I wish I could make my reaction 5 times what that silly icon thing shows!

I agree with the comments by others here about how people really should not be able to roam around freely from one nation to another, but I just hate this tribalism - as I mentioned before - with countries and businesses saying, like in some cartoon movie showing seagulls saying, "Mine, mine, mine, mine....!"

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

I guess I am an idealist, which I know is totally unrealistic for our lifetimes - and perhaps forever? It just seems like such a waste of time and money to have these military build-ups, political stand-offs and all of that...

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

Maybe they don't see as "intellegent life," certainly not intelligent enough for them to be bothered with making actual contact with us. :89:

There is a serious theory that Earth is a 'no-contact' zone because we're still a developing planet.

• Hmm thinking 1