3 nights at TMC Clark

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Likes wise. Unfortunately the human skin has a long memory, like you Tommy in my younger days I would sunbathe. I'm almost confined to the inside of my house just to go outside to go in the car. 

I wish my mind memory was as good as my skin memory:hystery:

Sorry you are so confined now. There are a few other things I do regret from my "formative" years, but I will save those for another day. Let's all assume we have a long time left to fly!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

There are a few other things I do regret from my "formative" years, but I will save those for another day.

And soon, I will prepare our dinner - fatty pork ribs cooked to a light char on the stove then in the oven and covered with (high fructose corn syrup - I just looked it up yesterday) barbecue sauce, salt, MSG and wash it down with a few cold beers, wine and maybe Tanduay? All that with baked potato with butter, more salt, bacon, sour cream (such as it is here). Tell me that doesn't sound healthy? Oh... and all the time breathing the air here that deposits a black film on everything in the apartment on an ongoing basis...

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Haha 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

breathing the air here that deposits a black film on everything in the apartment on an ongoing basis...

Air pollution, we have that too even though I live in the jungle away from the towns, neighbors burning leaves and trash. maybe that will help keep the sun from shining. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Air pollution, we have that too even though I live in the jungle away from the towns, neighbors burning leaves and trash. maybe that will help keep the sun from shining. 

Ah...see... there is always something positive to consider!

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
40 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Aldera

Do you get that here?  I should try it.

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, OnMyWay said:

Do you get that here?  I should try it.

Absolutely - no prescription required... but they don't give it away. I think it is something like P5,000 for a round of treatment - maybe a bit more? While that seem expensive, it is cheaper than my doctor visits. I have used this stuff for over ten years.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
35 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Likes wise. Unfortunately the human skin has a long memory, like you Tommy in my younger days I would sunbathe. I'm almost confined to the inside of my house just to go outside to go in the car. 

I grew up at the beach in S. Calif sunbathing and swimming.  It was the thing to do.  I don't think sunscreen existed in the late 60's / early 70's.  Johnson's Baby Oil was about all I ever saw.  It was probably the 80's before I started using it but Coppertone #4 was about it.  I have fair skin so I would still burn.  I got some good face burns over the years when snow skiing too.  You can really get toasted at high altitude!

Young and dumb!

So then in Kentucky I bought a house with a pool.  I loved it but I knew the sun was bad for me.  I would still sunbathe in the summer and I was in my 50's.

Old and dumb!

Now when we go to the beach / pool I wear SPF 30-50 sunscreen with a rash guard shirt that is supposed to be SPF 50.  I have never burned through the shirt.  I know that I am still subjecting myself to some risk but I love swimming, snorkeling and the beach too much to give it up completely.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I know that I am still subjecting myself to some risk but I love swimming, snorkeling and the beach too much to give it up completely.

I believe that I gotta live my life a little - hence the artery clogging food and carcinogenic preparations and mind-numbing alcohol (at times). I've had a good run so far and don't intend to stop now. I just try to do what my wise Dad used to tell me..., "Tommy...everything in moderation..." He lived to 90!

Oh...OMW... I never grew up...just grew older!

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I love swimming, snorkeling and the beach too much to give it up completely.

I love swimming and snorkeling too, but if I do go swimming or snorkeling I will wear a t-shirt and only swim for 10 minutes also have sun block on the exposed parts.  

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, jimeve said:

I will wear a t-shirt

Get yourself a SPF rash guard shirt.  I got this one on Amazon.  You can find long sleeve too.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I2GGCYM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 2