What’s most important

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Eating must be one of the most important things in Emma’s mind, yes there are lots of other things like friends but when we are together it’s thinking of food and where we can go to eat it.

But as I am alone for these next few months the only contact we have is either on the phone or this FaceTime thing and the very first words she says to me, WHAT HAVE YOU EATEN and I have to say what I have had for breakfast dinner and tea , then she will say what she has eaten  and what she would of like to have eaton but was not on the menu , most of the time I do say some white lies about the food I have had, can’t tell her I had a couple of bars of chocolate, a packet of biscuits with a cup of tea to dip them in and 2 chocolate magnums rather then slave over a cooker for ages then having to wash the pots too.

Is your partner concerned about you being alone and unable to fend for yourself .

robert k
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, stevewool said:

Eating must be one of the most important things in Emma’s mind, yes there are lots of other things like friends but when we are together it’s thinking of food and where we can go to eat it.

But as I am alone for these next few months the only contact we have is either on the phone or this FaceTime thing and the very first words she says to me, WHAT HAVE YOU EATEN and I have to say what I have had for breakfast dinner and tea , then she will say what she has eaten  and what she would of like to have eaton but was not on the menu , most of the time I do say some white lies about the food I have had, can’t tell her I had a couple of bars of chocolate, a packet of biscuits with a cup of tea to dip them in and 2 chocolate magnums rather then slave over a cooker for ages then having to wash the pots too.

Is your partner concerned about you being alone and unable to fend for yourself .

It's etiquette Steve. I suspect that due to the number of people who do go hungry in the Philippines, it's polite to ask. Reminds me of the great depression movie "Grapes of Wrath" in which young Henry Fonda asked a kid if they had eaten and the kid replied that they had et an et good.

• Like 4

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, robert k said:

It's etiquette Steve. I suspect that due to the number of people who do go hungry in the Philippines, it's polite to ask. Reminds me of the great depression movie "Grapes of Wrath" in which young Henry Fonda asked a kid if they had eaten and the kid replied that they had et an et good.

It was the same in Hong Kong - if someone asked you if you'd eaten it was a euphemism for "How are you?" and a display of kindness.  I'm not a foodies, definitely an eat to live kinda guy so I'm sometimes both amused and bemused by some of the discussions I hear about food.  Each to their own though. 

• Like 2

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

Steve

What's important is you don't fret for your love one, while she's having a ball :hystery:

Think of it this way had you been with her it would of cost twice as much, so just think of the savings there. :mocking:

Anyway you can always come round to our house and I'll make you a pan of  beef stew. :thumbsup:

Edited by Kuya John
  • Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
49 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

Steve

What's important is you don't fret for your love one, while she's having a ball :hystery:

Think of it this way had you been with her it would of cost twice as much, so just think of the savings there. :mocking:

Anyway you can always come round to our house and I'll make you a pan of  beef stew. :thumbsup:

Having a ball, have you seen the pictures too then, working my :1927_:, own pool own golf buggy to get around, tennis courts and a nice 10 minute stroll to a wonderful beach plus all the food is cooked for her too.

I should have took the offer up when I was asked if I wanted to go, then again I can’t smile plus I can’t keep my gob shut sometimes .

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, stevewool said:

plus I can’t keep my gob shut sometimes .

So you are Normal then? :hystery:

• Haha 2

Eddie1
Posted
Posted

Steve, I must have missed something.  Where's the missus gone?

• Like 1

Mark Berkowitz2
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, stevewool said:

Never, and now I'm worried about:   why she isn't she concerned?  :shock_40_anim_gif: