Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mark Berkowitz

Three-Year-Old Girl Latest Philippines ‘Drug War’ Victim

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

Those people seem to be completely untouchable for some reason.

 They could be touchable if those that can touch them would live without the palm greasers and get on with the Job. Far to many backhanders flying about. Having said that if we (The people) Just knocked Drugs on the Head there would be no need for Dealers. Perhaps to a Large degree we are our own worst enemies.

JMHO

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm probably a bit hardened due to military service and some of the things I've seen but I believe in using a sledge hammer to crack a walnut.  

If words get around that nothing will protect you once caught maybe it'll stop a lot getting involved in the first place. 

If you ask 100 people if they'll jump out of an aeroplane without a chute, jump in a cage with a hungry lion or drink poison I'd guess 100 would refuse.  Give them a chute, gun or antidote then plenty will risk it.  

Let drug dealers know death will be their punishment then the majority won't get involved. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Snowy79 said:

Let drug dealers know death will be their punishment then the majority won't get involved. 

Isn't that what's already being done in the Philippines?... except that the drug dealers that are being executed are at the very bottom of the food chain... (and then there's the collateral damage issue that's being shrugged off by the government).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

I'm probably a bit hardened due to military service and some of the things I've seen but I believe in using a sledge hammer to crack a walnut.  

If words get around that nothing will protect you once caught maybe it'll stop a lot getting involved in the first place. 

If you ask 100 people if they'll jump out of an aeroplane without a chute, jump in a cage with a hungry lion or drink poison I'd guess 100 would refuse.  Give them a chute, gun or antidote then plenty will risk it.  

Let drug dealers know death will be their punishment then the majority won't get involved. 

Like a snake snowy cut off the head.....

Anybody have any news on Peter Lim suspected of being Cebus biggest pusher.?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Part of the problem is that we only hear of the bottom feeders being busted or killed...  Why?  Simple...  It's PNP who's doing the bust...  And just about everything they do is picked up by the news...  The big jackals?  They are being sought by a different police agency...  One that doesn't have to have a news report when they go to the cr...  Major cases are built up for these people...  And unfortunately there are still enough buddies of theirs in position to know about this and pass that information on...  Next time you hear about the big guys?  Their whereabouts are unknown...

Edited by i am bob
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I stumbled upon this article and I found it to be quite disturbing and troubling.

“Philippines drugs war: The woman who kills dealers for a living”

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-37172002

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Greg41 said:

I stumbled upon this article and I found it to be quite disturbing and troubling.

“Philippines drugs war: The woman who kills dealers for a living”

She is being hired by crooked cops who work with dealers, but the article somehow tries to shift blame to the President. :89:

  • Thanks 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is a quote from that article that bothers me perhaps the most. We have discussed this already... This seems to describe possibly the biggest problem with the drug war?

"Mr Duterte describes it as a pandemic, afflicting millions of his fellow citizens. It is also very profitable. He has listed 150 senior officials, officers and judges linked to the trade. Five police generals, he says, are kingpins of the business. But it is those at the lowest levels of the trade who are targeted by the death squads."

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2019 at 7:24 PM, Tommy T. said:

Here is a quote from that article that bothers me perhaps the most. We have discussed this already... This seems to describe possibly the biggest problem with the drug war?

"Mr Duterte describes it as a pandemic, afflicting millions of his fellow citizens. It is also very profitable. He has listed 150 senior officials, officers and judges linked to the trade. Five police generals, he says, are kingpins of the business. But it is those at the lowest levels of the trade who are targeted by the death squads."

 

Arrest or kill a low or high level drug dealer and you have just created a job opportunity for the next one. Often in the US when there is a big take down of a major drug ring street violence will increase for a few months as the lower level drug gangs fight it out to see who gets the former dealers territory to become the next major drug dealer. This is a never ending cycle as long as drugs are illegal and their is a huge profit to made from the black market.

  • Love it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2019 at 5:17 PM, Greg41 said:

I stumbled upon this article and I found it to be quite disturbing and troubling.

“Philippines drugs war: The woman who kills dealers for a living”

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-37172002

Nice bit of fiction there. You know the war on drugs and extrajudicial killings and assassinations? The violent death rate is about the same as it was before the War on Drug Dealers. How could this be?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...