Three-Year-Old Girl Latest Philippines ‘Drug War’ Victim

hk blues
Posted
Posted
On 7/5/2019 at 10:47 PM, Snowy79 said:

I'm probably a bit hardened due to military service and some of the things I've seen but I believe in using a sledge hammer to crack a walnut.  

If words get around that nothing will protect you once caught maybe it'll stop a lot getting involved in the first place. 

If you ask 100 people if they'll jump out of an aeroplane without a chute, jump in a cage with a hungry lion or drink poison I'd guess 100 would refuse.  Give them a chute, gun or antidote then plenty will risk it.  

Let drug dealers know death will be their punishment then the majority won't get involved. 

If the death penalty hadn't been suspended then I'd agree with you Snowy, but surely one of the most fundamental backbones of a civilised country is the rule of law and following it? 

Change the law if necessary, but I cannot see how ignoring it can ever be OK.

• Like 1

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted
On 7/5/2019 at 10:47 PM, Snowy79 said:

Let drug dealers know death will be their punishment then the majority won't get involved. 

It's not just dealers, even users are fair game.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, earthdome said:

Arrest or kill a low or high level drug dealer and you have just created a job opportunity for the next one. Often in the US when there is a big take down of a major drug ring street violence will increase for a few months as the lower level drug gangs fight it out to see who gets the former dealers territory to become the next major drug dealer. This is a never ending cycle as long as drugs are illegal and their is a huge profit to made from the black market.

Yeah... I agree with this unfortunate but clear logic... If something illicit is desired - whatever that may be - someone, somewhere will find a way to pander it. I think maybe that is just human nature - or the way many humans see as a way to profit.

I do not see an answer... Kill them all? Kill the users? Change human nature? (not likely)....

hk blues
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Yeah... I agree with this unfortunate but clear logic... If something illicit is desired - whatever that may be - someone, somewhere will find a way to pander it. I think maybe that is just human nature - or the way many humans see as a way to profit.

I do not see an answer... Kill them all? Kill the users? Change human nature? (not likely)....

It''s an easy enough problem to solve, Tom.  Simply follow the tried and tested solutions from the USA/UK etc etc...oh, hold on a moment...:2245_safe:

• Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, hk blues said:

It''s an easy enough problem to solve, Tom.  Simply follow the tried and tested solutions from the USA/UK etc etc...oh, hold on a moment...:2245_safe:

Of course!!!! Hurry up and wait!!!:hystery: