Modern Day Slavery

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

Lot's of European nationals think that UK is the land of Milk and Honey.

I have asked myself why do other other migrants from across the Globe try to reach our shores..

Maybe they should just take note of what their fellow countrymen do to them when they arrive!

A Polish Gang of Slave-masters have finally been caught after a three year investigation, they took advantage of the plight of the homeless, the drug addicts and other vulnerable Polish people, forcing them to work for as little as 50p a day!

While they lived a life of Luxury.....scum bags, another good reason to leave EEC

UK’s largest-ever modern slavery ring smashed - ITV News

Edited by Kuya John
  • Like 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

Lot's of European nationals think that UK is the land of Milk and Honey.

I have asked myself why do other other migrants from across the Globe try to reach our shores..

Maybe they should just take note of what their fellow countrymen do to them when they arrive!

A Polish Gang of Slave-masters have finally been caught after a three year investigation, they took advantage of the plight of the homeless, the drug addicts and other vulnerable Polish people, forcing them to work for as little as 50p a day!

While they lived a life of Luxury.....scum bags, another good reason to leave EEC

UK’s largest-ever modern slavery ring smashed - ITV News

I'm with you until the last few words John - if there aren't Polish slavemasters there will be some other groups to fill the supply gap in the market - including plenty of British

• Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

I'm with you until the last few words John - if there aren't Polish slavemasters there will be some other groups to fill the supply gap in the market - including plenty of British

The only other group a few years back  that I was aware of, were Chinese cockle-pickers in Morecambe bay

Sadly a number of them died when the in coming tide cut them off, needless to say they drowned.

It then came to light that they were living in terrible conditions and paid very little and had to pay back loans to come to England to the Gang masters. There was a connection to British wholesalers buying the cockles, on a small scale.

But you are right, I'm sure there is a lot going on that we don't see.  :thumbsup:

Edited by Kuya John
  • Thanks 1

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted (edited)

Modern day slavery occurs just about everywhere, even in Africa (where you'd think that they have already learned some type of lessons about how it should never happen again).

"Smugglers in Libya are auctioning migrants off as slaves. At a property outside Tripoli, CNN's Nima Elbagir witnessed a dozen men go under the hammer in the space of minutes."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2S2qtGisT34

Plus there's the issue of African women being forced into sex slavery (in Italy) by other Africans.

"African women seeking a better life in Europe face a long, perilous, often fatal journey across the Mediterranean. But when they do arrive, they confront yet another threatening prospect: conscription into sex slavery. Eighty percent of all Nigerian women who survive the trip to Italy end up coerced into prostitution by “Madams,” who are often former sex slaves themselves. Malcolm Brabant reports."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miH2IZXhZ1c

Edited by Mark Berkowitz
grammar

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Kuya John said:

The only other group a few years back  that I was aware of, were Chinese cockle-pickers in Morecambe bay

Sadly a number of them died when the in coming tide cut them off, needless to say they drowned.

It then came to light that they were living in terrible conditions and paid very little and had to pay back loans to come to England to the Gang masters. There was a connection to British wholesalers buying the cockles, on a small scale.

But you are right, I'm sure there is a lot going on that we don't see.  :thumbsup:

There was a recent arrest and subsequent conviction of a gang of Irish travellers who were doing pretty much what the  polish gangs were doing 

From memory it was in East Anglia , once again those captured were alcohol and drug dependant

• Thanks 1