Brits grab a Iranian pilot tanker at gibraltar

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

It appears that at the request of the USA, we put an attachment of marines in an Iranian oil tanker that was allegedly heading to Syria, we have impounded the tanker

The Iranians have threatened to grab one of our in a tit for tat 

The middle east pressure cooker could well explode 

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, bastonjock said:

The middle east pressure cooker could well explode 

DELETED by moderator.  The whole reason for the censorship of certain words is to avoid the type of post you just wrote. And using "smart" tricks to get around the censor is frowned upon.

2nd edit:  As I read further into the thread I see the shite hit the fan as it always does when this kind of post is made.  Hope you are proud of yourself for figuring out how to "get around" the forum censorship.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 1
  • I'm Confused 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
30 minutes ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

We can thank t-rump for that.  Thank you Mr. President!

We had an agreement that t-rump tore up... an agreement that kept the peace, regardless of whether it was a good or bad one, and regardless of whether it was lived up to 100% by the Iranians... It is beyond a doubt that things were not as volatile as they are now (with the Iranians).

JMHO

I worked with a guy who was one of Sadam husain s police officers , he never explained why he left but knew he or his family could never return

When ISIs was in its early days , he told me that sadam was a bad guy but he did keep the other bad guys in line 

I fear that taking out the Iranian leadership with leave a situation where ISIS will have access to enough enriched Uranium to make a lot of dirty bombs and bring their belief of Armageddon a lot closer , a Muslim told me that the quaran foretells of a holy war to end all wars , taking out Iran imho will be a big mistake 

• Like 1

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, bastonjock said:

I fear that taking out the Iranian leadership with leave a situation where ISIS will have access to enough enriched Uranium to make a lot of dirty bombs and bring their belief of Armageddon a lot closer

I agree with you, but t-rump believes that he can have some type of diplomacy very soon with Iran, just like the "highly' successful one that he's having with the NK Chairman. :mocking:

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Peaceful John said:

This is not the place to spread your politics.

Play nice guys, I hate closing topics. There are ways to disagree with each other without being disagreeable. 

1 hour ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

he's having with the NK Chairman.

You have to admit, there has been more movement in the last two years than there has been in the last 60 years, regardless of political party.

1 hour ago, bastonjock said:

sadam was a bad guy

So was Kaddafi and with him gone controlling his southern border fasing the African interior is the main reason Europe is getting hammered with immigrants the last few years. Sometime you make a decision based on the best information you have "at the time" and roll the dice. 

44 minutes ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

'foot-spur boy' 

Mark, I am sorry, but I can not let this one stand. What branch did you serve in? Unless you were over the age of 36 in 1990 during Gulf war 1 or on 9-11 and were to old to serve, a person who did not wear the uniform should never belittle another person who did not. I served under Presidents Clinton and Obama and didn't question their patriotism for not serving. I will put up my Combat Infantry badge, and purple heart for anyone's inspection, but I don't believe a person needs to have one to have an opinion. 

53 minutes ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

no say in the matters

Of course you can have a say, just keep it respectful and measured, 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, scott h said:

Unless you were over the age of 36 in 1990 during Gulf war 1 or on 9-11 and were to old to serve, a person who did not wear the uniform should never belittle another person who did not.

Scott, I was over that age in 1990 and on 9-11.. and I'm still too old to serve on the front lines.  I sincerely hope that none of our citizens (of both the US and UK) have to serve on the front lines in an outright war with Iran.

Thank you for not closing this topic.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

over that age

So Mark, I have to ask what branch of service did you join or get drafted into?

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, scott h said:

So Mark, I have to ask what branch of service did you join or get drafted into?

I was in college during the War In Vietnam, but I became 1A (while enrolled and attending college) when the college deferrments were eliminated. 

While I was in college, there was a draft lottery, and my number came up in the high 300's, so I was never drafted... but if I had been drafted, I would have went to war (instead of running to Canada... not that I diasagree or disapprove with those who did that). 

I just wanted to finish my college education.  Am I at fault for wanting that?

By the time that I finished college, the war in Vietnam had ended with the unification of North and South Vietnam.... and upon graduation, I went to work in the civilian branches of the US Government for many years.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

Am I at fault for wanting that?

No you are not. I respect your decisions and actions. These decisions and actions are exactly the same as millions upon millions of Americans in the last 50 years. 

But speaking seriously as one who did Volunteer (they ended the draft just before I turned 18) to serve, and took part in two non declared wars (but the bullets and road side bombs were real :hystery:). Stood on the DMZ with NK, cleaned a rifle in a foxhole in Germany when the soviet union out numbered Nato 15 to one. 

I personally take as much OFFENSE to the Commander in chief with the term bone spur as I would if someone used a racial epitaph with Pres Obama.  Believe me a vast majority of those who have served feel the same.

• Like 5

• Old55 locked this topic