Brits grab a Iranian pilot tanker at gibraltar

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, scott h said:

personally take as much OFFENSE to the Commander in chief with the term bone spur as I would if someone used a racial epitaph with Pres Obama.  Believe me a vast majority of those who have served feel the same.

Sorry to have offended you... please accept my apologies.

• Like 3

graham59
Posted
Posted

Well done our lads ! :thumbsup:

• Like 3
  • Love it 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
52 minutes ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

Sorry to have offended you... please accept my apologies.

Thanks Mark. :tiphat:

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I think the Iranians are now not a country or people to mess with. They have a lot of support in the middle East and serious links to some of the worst terrorists organisations out there. Terrorists who are now fully embedded in almost all major cities. 

Sadly a previous US President acting on advice thought he could financially bribe Iran into towing the line.  This money never went to the people but to the top.  A vast amount of that money was spent on conventional weapons systems making Iran one of the most modern and equipped militaries on the planet.  They are now free to get back into the nuclear game as any country messing with them will be sending the majority of their forces home in body bags. 

The current president is no doubt also being advised that his best way to get them to tow the line is to impounding oil tankers and other blockades etc.  I think this is just going to ratchet up further terrorist attacks.  The cat is out of the bag as far as Iran is concerned and it's not going to be easy to get it back in. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

The cat is out of the bag as far as Iran is concerned and it's not going to be easy to get it back in. 

I think you make many valid points. It's bothersome that so many groups of people want to control others. Minority groups, like the terrorists, who seem to be mostly young kids yearning to hold AK47s, build roadside bombs and just generate mayhem. I think you can bet that, if a shooting war began, there could end up being USA, Britain and maybe all of NATO vs. Russians and others? These are scary times, internationally for me - reminiscent about my feelings during the Cuban Missile Crisis where, fortunately someone eventually blinked... Let's hope somebody blinks soon.

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:
53 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

The cat is out of the bag as far as Iran is concerned and it's not going to be easy to get it back in. 

A quote from online news a little while ago:

An Iranian Revolutionary Guards commander threatened on Friday to seize a British ship in retaliation for the capture of an Iranian supertanker by Royal Marines in Gibraltar.

"If Britain does not release the Iranian oil tanker, it is the authorities' duty to seize a British oil tanker," Mohsen Rezai said on Twitter.

• Sad 1

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

A quote from online news a little while ago:

An Iranian Revolutionary Guards commander threatened on Friday to seize a British ship in retaliation for the capture of an Iranian supertanker by Royal Marines in Gibraltar.

"If Britain does not release the Iranian oil tanker, it is the authorities' duty to seize a British oil tanker," Mohsen Rezai said on Twitter.

I fear that this might be the first sign of what could become a 'hot' war.  Am I allowed to say that on this forum?  Time will tell, eh.

• Sad 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Here's a very interesting point of view: https://youtu.be/ejvTPVvj_IE

• Thanks 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
43 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

Here's a very interesting point of view: https://youtu.be/ejvTPVvj_IE

Youtube content opinion and content provided by Russia. One of the few friends of Iran.

• Hmm thinking 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Youtube content opinion and content provided by Russia. One of the few friends of Iran.

He's actually a bit of a firebrand MP but he does know a lot about the Middle East. Both through marriage and his brand of politics. 

• Thanks 2

• Old55 locked this topic