Brits grab a Iranian pilot tanker at gibraltar

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Here's a very interesting point of view: https://youtu.be/ejvTPVvj_IE

I've always enjoyed listening to George Galloway,  he does not pull punches.

Incidentally George Galloway was one of three serving Members of Parliament  who were at my grandfather's funeral

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

My other concern about Iran , is how Israel will react once Iran has its nukes

• Hmm thinking 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, bastonjock said:

With extreme caution one would hope :mellow:

• Thanks 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

One thing that has not been pointed out in the Iran situation , is that this is also a religious thing , Iran is Shia and is pretty much seen as the leading shia country , all of its friends with the exception of the Russians are shia ,of the worlds muslims from memory , the worlds muslims split 90% sunny and 10% shia . This ratcheting up of tensions is to fircebly keep down the number of nukes , 

When you look at the various conflicts , theres a lot of religious undertones there, Saudi Arabia is suppressing the shia population of Bahrain so that it can keep a military presence there,  if Iran gets nukes , the Saudis wont be far behind 

I remember my mum telling me that the bible says ,that Armageddon will start in the middle and end with the yellow race ruling the earth 

I wonder how it would affect those living in the Philippines, far enough away to avoid the worst of the conflict 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

Update from Gibraltar, ( Sent by My niece in Gib);

*********Gibraltarian authorities assisted by British special forces on Thursday boarded and seized a supertanker carrying Iranian crude oil bound for Syria in breach of EU sanctions, drawing a furious response from Tehran.

The Panama-flag very large crude carrier Grace 1, which was carrying two million barrels of light crude oil, was boarded 2.5 miles off Gibraltar just before 2am on Thursday morning.

The vessel and its cargo have been detained, the Gibraltar Government said in a statement.*************

For some reason this may take a while to upload

https://www.chronicle.gi/tehran-fumes-as-gibraltar-seizes-iranian-oil-tanker-over-eu-syria-sanctions/

Edited by Jack Peterson
added an edit
  • Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, bastonjock said:

I would not be surprised if you were to see a preemptive strike against production facilities if Israel thought Iran was on the verge of being able to create a nuke.

• Like 3

jimeve
Posted
Posted

Job well done, Royal Marines and SAS. And everyone else involved.

• Like 5

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

Iran has just issued a warning to the EU , that it will dismantle the international agreement in 24 hours if they dont stop the sanctions 

Napoleon once said,  if you want to know what's going on , look at the map

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

OK enough. This topic is locked for review. 

• Old55 locked this topic