Wife ill again with same problem! seems nothing is curing

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Azon is ill again with an ongoing problem that is starting to worry me, For the last year or two she keeps getting a bad Dry Cough that our Doctor can't seem to locate a problem for. No end of Meds and such seen to overcome this extraordinary Dry Cough, If she was coughing up stuff maybe I would not worry so much but from my own Dry coughs over the years I know it must be Hurting her inside. She wears a medical mask most of the day and especially when out in the Dust and things. She has never said so but I am now wondering if she may have severe allergies not thought about by the Doctor or if she is suffering from acute Hay Fever or even developing Asthma, she has had antihistamines and all sorts but it is still here. Any thoughts people?

These Bouts come with change in the Weather Mainly ( Just a late thought)

:89: another thought, her recent Chest X Ray was clear

• Sad 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Any thoughts people?

Hi Jack... I am not a doctor nor expert on this. However, I have allergies continuously and had a dry hacking cough due to post nasal drip.

I had a cortisoidal type of medicine for my nose called Beconase. I ran out of it a while back and my cough returned. I found Nasonex in local pharmacies - no prescription needed. It is a nose spray that desensitizes the membranes in nose and sinus, thus greatly reducing or eliminating the irritation and runny nose or post nasal drip. It is not actually cortisone, is not addictive and costs 500 for about a one month supply.

The other thought I have, is maybe you should get her a chest X-ray or even an MRI just to eliminate anything to really be worried about?

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Sorry... I didn't see that when I replied...

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

another thought, her recent Chest X Ray was clear

:89:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Tommy T. said:

Sorry... I didn't see that when I replied...

No probs :wink:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Well of course she is a Pinay, so at the moment she is off to see the Old Woman down the Road for a herbal cure :whistling:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Well of course she is a Pinay, so at the moment she is off to see the Old Woman down the Road for a herbal cure :whistling:

Understood... Then it will be a massage? Especially with the aromatic lotion?

I hope it turns out to be a simple fix and she is okay soon.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Is your wife taking medications that may cause a cough? The other thing is environmental. Dust, mold, pet hair, or many other unkown factors could be the cause.Perhaps another Dr. opinion?

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Azon is ill again with an ongoing problem that is starting to worry me, For the last year or two she keeps getting a bad Dry Cough that our Doctor can't seem to locate a problem for. No end of Meds and such seen to overcome this extraordinary Dry Cough, If she was coughing up stuff maybe I would not worry so much but from my own Dry coughs over the years I know it must be Hurting her inside. She wears a medical mask most of the day and especially when out in the Dust and things. She has never said so but I am now wondering if she may have severe allergies not thought about by the Doctor or if she is suffering from acute Hay Fever or even developing Asthma, she has had antihistamines and all sorts but it is still here. Any thoughts people?

These Bouts come with change in the Weather Mainly ( Just a late thought)

Jack, I hope Azon gets over this soon!  My wife has had something similar.  Comes and goes.

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Is your wife taking medications that may cause a cough?

Good point.  I didn't realize until recently how many meds have cough as a side effect.

• Like 2