Wife ill again with same problem! seems nothing is curing

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Jack, Ludy's dry cough was put down to the side effects of her Diabetes tablets, after all tests and change of medication it's gone!

• Like 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
On 7/6/2019 at 8:01 AM, Jack Peterson said:

Well worth a think about, Our new is Just 2 weeks old and has new micro Filters, the one before was Cleaned 6/ 8 times a year if you remember my Topic on Electricity and A/C's Both were split type with outside Compressor Units. However the one in her Office is just like a Window type but  is just the Inverter connected to the main System, I will ask the Engineer when I see him when the last clean was and if he can tell me the Schedule of the System :thumbsup:

Get yourself a stiff paint brush and brush the air intakes with the fan switches off , ask at the aircon shop for bio degradable cleaning solution  dilute as directed and spray onto the vanes , on the internal unit , open it , usually two clips at the side , take the foam filter outside in a dry windy day and vacuum it and tap it a fee times , clean the area at the bottom of the internal unit with disinfectant,  mop it clean with a towel and dry 

It's quite easy to do 

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Thank you Guys for all the post and suggestions. "A" is off today to see the Doc we will see what she says but as Jb ( Kuya John) has said a change of meds will be mentioned

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, bastonjock said:

It's quite easy to do 

The problem is not we feel at Home on this but the Office, I hear what you say Baston but I don't think you have been here long enough yet to understand that we just don't tell Business users How things are done :facepalm_80_anim_gif: :wink:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
On 7/6/2019 at 11:28 AM, Jack Peterson said:

Azon is ill again with an ongoing problem that is starting to worry me, For the last year or two she keeps getting a bad Dry Cough that our Doctor can't seem to locate a problem for. No end of Meds and such seen to overcome this extraordinary Dry Cough, If she was coughing up stuff maybe I would not worry so much but from my own Dry coughs over the years I know it must be Hurting her inside. She wears a medical mask most of the day and especially when out in the Dust and things. She has never said so but I am now wondering if she may have severe allergies not thought about by the Doctor or if she is suffering from acute Hay Fever or even developing Asthma, she has had antihistamines and all sorts but it is still here. Any thoughts people?

These Bouts come with change in the Weather Mainly ( Just a late thought)

:89: another thought, her recent Chest X Ray was clear

Sorry, Jack, I missed this post. I hope you get to the bottom of the problem and she gets relief.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

Does the wife know anything more, Jack?

OzeMike
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 7/6/2019 at 11:28 AM, Jack Peterson said:

Azon is ill again with an ongoing problem that is starting to worry me, For the last year or two she keeps getting a bad Dry Cough that our Doctor can't seem to locate a problem for. No end of Meds and such seen to overcome this extraordinary Dry Cough, If she was coughing up stuff maybe I would not worry so much but from my own Dry coughs over the years I know it must be Hurting her inside. She wears a medical mask most of the day and especially when out in the Dust and things. She has never said so but I am now wondering if she may have severe allergies not thought about by the Doctor or if she is suffering from acute Hay Fever or even developing Asthma, she has had antihistamines and all sorts but it is still here. Any thoughts people?

These Bouts come with change in the Weather Mainly ( Just a late thought)

:89: another thought, her recent Chest X Ray was clear

Jack from my own problems in this area it sounds like allergy based causing a post nasal drip.....suffer a lot from this myself.... and if untreated can trigger allergic bronchitus.

It is closely related to astma and hay fever and hayfever tablets may help. 

As will some nasal sprays which I use also... you can buy these over the counter BUT don't over use them time wise as they will eventual cause the symptoms to actually get worse!  you need to stop for a period if timr. (or maybe change brands?)

Antihistamines ..one at night to help reduce any post nasal drip will help... (not the non drowsy type or you can't sleep) a brand I use here is Phenergan 10mg available over the counter. 

Changes in the weather and strong winds often trigger these allergic dry coughs... as will dust and dust mites...AND air con moulds...the nose and mouth mask definitely will help. 

I hope Azon gets some relief soon.. a constant cough is very tiring on your body. 

Edited by OzeMike

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
58 minutes ago, OzeMike said:

and if untreated can trigger allergic bronchitus.

Turned out to be acute Laryngitis but Thank you for the Post. They are now testing for Tonsil problems

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, JDDavao said:

Does the wife know anything more, Jack?

Acute Laryngitis and suspected Tonsil Infection Thanks for the thought

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Acute Laryngitis and suspected Tonsil Infection Thanks for the thought

I hope your wife recovers soon from these problems. Best wishes from L and me!

• Thanks 1