Purchasing a Condo ... Pros and Cons

Ice Patrol
Posted
Posted
41 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

You're welcome. It's not all bad - as my comments may sound? But Filipinos seem to just love noise in general. Workers everywhere are always singing (some good, mostly not). Most do not either seem to hear or don't care about barking dogs - especially their own. And of course virtually every special occasion brings out the deafening karaoke. Right now - at 10:30 am - I hear some drifting from many blocks away... And schools make lots of noise with their frequent special activities that include singing (and more karaoke) and super loud music. Just don't be in a rush and do your due diligence and you should fare okay. Ingat! (be careful)

From what I had already read and heard I was pretty sure that the Filipinos were lovin there music in a big ( or very loud ) way.And that's ok for me-I am a music oriented person myself.But if I am assalted with the endless barking dogs,singing,and karaoke parties I will attempt to regard it as all part of the PH  ambience :mocking:

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
30 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Saturday night extremely loud external disco, paid for the Barangay with permit to play till 2am

According to my partner, L, Davao City has an ordinance that mandates quiet between 8 am and 10 pm. Sometimes I hear things a bit later, but usually not because, thankfully, the aircon masks the noise. I hope that same ordinance is in effect and enforced out in the country that is still part of Davao City?

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Ice Patrol said:

.But if I am assalted with the endless barking dogs,singing,and karaoke parties I will attempt to regard it as all part of the PH  ambience

That's why God created San Miguel Pilsen, Red Horse and Tanduay.... anesthetics!:bonk:

• Haha 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Ice Patrol said:

And that's ok for me-I am a music oriented person myself.

Ahhh... Ice... You maybe haven't heard, perhaps, some of the Filipino music? There is some electronic stuff that is so silly sounding and so repetitive to me and - like Jim said, that endless THUD THUD THUD that you can feel in your bones and literally shake your abode and reality. Even my partner doesn't like that. But during that, you cannot hear the dogs:laugh:. They become annoying after the music stops or during the day when everyone is sleeping off their hangovers... I may invest in noise-cancelling headphones and listen to In A Gadda Da Vida...been a long time...:bonk:

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
54 minutes ago, Ice Patrol said:

But if I am assalted with the endless barking dogs,singing,and karaoke parties I will attempt to regard it as all part of the PH  ambience :mocking:

Don't forget about roosters, especially in the province seems like almost every house is raising a fighting cock.  

• Like 3

jimeve
Posted
Posted
52 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

That's why God created San Miguel Pilsen, Red Horse and Tanduay.... anesthetics!:bonk:

Had plenty of that on Saturday night and playing Some old classics on youtube. Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath.

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Don't forget about roosters, especially in the province seems like almost every house is raising a fighting cock.  

I have a response to that, but it might be best left unsaid?:hystery:

Here in the city, dogs, roosters, ducks, goats caribaw (is that correct name?), regular cows too. Oh... and there are some people living here too...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • I'm Confused 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Tommy T. said:

Here in the city, dogs, roosters, ducks, goats caribaw (is that correct name?), regular cows too. Oh... and there are some people living here too...

You have those in the City.:89:

• Like 2

Ice Patrol
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Had plenty of that on Saturday night and playing Some old classics on youtube. Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, jimeve said:

You have those in the City.:89:

Yep... all of the above - all but the goats, cows and caribaw (or whatever) right next door. They had a turkey too, but haven't heard that one recently. The others are two blocks away - the goats graze on the rubbish on the side of the road, the cattle on the long grass growing in the shade of three high-rise condo buldings. No fighting cocks though. The cocks here seem to be content?:hystery:

And, of course, there are the people - they live sortof in between the livestock.

• Like 2