Making a new life in the Philippines

Balisidar
Posted
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, GeoffH said:

and they won't send information except by paper mail to an Australian address

Not to hijack the subject but Geoff don't they have mail service companies in Australia?  They will send you your mail either as an email (cheapest) or forward your mail to you.

Back to the subject, I don't anticipate any problems in transitioning to the Philippines because I had already lived there for several years and have returned often.  I've made valuable contacts with a couple of lawyers in such matters as real estate.  Any problems will no doubt be caused by the U.S. government and will be related to processing my retirement paperwork but I hope to mitigate that by having all the paperwork the lazy suckers at OPM require.😂

Edited by Balisidar
Spelling
  • Like 4

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Balisidar said:

Not to hijack the subject but Geoff don't they have mail service companies in Australia?  They will send you your mail either as an email (cheapest) or forward your mail to you.

Forwarding it as an email won't help because it would have to be answered and then the answer printed in Australia and put into the addressed, required envelope because they wouldn't accept my response as an email.  I can't mail it from the Philippines because it would miss the 3 week deadline.

Sorry if this is off topic people... I'll stop now.

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

Most of the guys  I know with problems here usually bring their own problems with them. 

Agreed. I knew a guy who always bitched and complained about everything here. He almost got himself arrested at the airport on his way out of the country by his bad behaviour there. Nice guy, but socially a bit mis-directed...

• Like 3

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

Ive still got one capital.asset that i need to off load before i can move to the Philippines,  im still a bit nervous about it all , ive sold my house etc given the kids some funds , my plan is to split my time between the Philippines and the uk , i am close to two of my kids and have one granddaughter 

I can easily earn enough money contracting to finance my life here ,even if the pig farm takes a nose dive , i dont want to start pulling in my pensions , im.saving them in case i loose the fitness to work , its another 5.5 years before i get the gov pension 

Im of the opinion that the Philippines can be a great place to live , you the foreigner have to adjust to their way of life , it takes a bit of working out , im hoping to establish friendship and build on my relationship with gf 

• Like 5