They took the kit

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, graham59 said:

I believe you don't need police clearance from your home country once you've resided here for more than 6 months ?

That's true, at least so far. You also don't need the medical or the quarantine certificate unless you come from certain countries.

Interesting tidbit: Because I'd read there was disagreement over it, I printed out a press release from the BI website that says the joint letter of request for a visa that you write up for the Commissioner does NOT have to be notarized. 'We're saving our foreign friends money', it says. On the copy of the checklist of requirements the helpful Davao District BI agent gave us, next to the entry for the letter, it was written  "notarized". So, anticipate that the process will be typical.

• Like 2

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Then he told me to go behind the desk to a bench and take a seat and I would be helped.... I had to wait for another guy to finish his lunch, but then finally things happened.

The guy at the gate told my wife to go next-door to that convenient little shop to have copies and photos done. You should have taken your partner away from her job for the day. :smile:

• Like 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Oh... and "the kit" was simply and ink pad with their "special" ink and a tissue to try to remove the ink from fingers.... unless you include the cards too?

It was actually a kit. In a box. Ink, roller and plate.

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, JDDavao said:

The guy at the gate told my wife to go next-door to that convenient little shop to have copies and photos done. You should have taken your partner away from her job for the day. :smile:

You are right - things always go easier when she is around. It is interesting to watch her talk for 10 minutes with someone to accomplish what might take 30 seconds to transact in English. And she is the first to admit how complex her language(s) are and round about and imprecise. The problem for them in English, I think, is just the massive vocabulary. So much to remember when they are busy remembering all the names and relationships of relatives and friends and what cars they drive:hystery:

They took my photo again at NBI after I already had it on the form from that next-door shop. No big deal, but just more duplication of effort?

6 minutes ago, JDDavao said:

It was actually a kit. In a box. Ink, roller and plate.

Thanks for the correction - I forgot about the roller. It was all out of the box when I was there. Yeah... a very complex and comprehensive kit. As Jack remarked before - it seems awfully weird to have just one kit for such a big operation there. And they cover Davao City? It makes you wonder where the funding goes? That I think is another topic probably already covered?

• Like 1

CoffeeRulzMe
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

In my experience and talking to the NBI, all foreigners get ink printed and most of us get a Hit anyway so Manila insist on Ink prints for Foreigners. In fact I don't think i have ever known of one of us that hasn't  Depending on the Expat numbers per Area I guess a major NBI unit with only 1 Kit is a bit silly

Exactly Jack.  I got the usual foreigner 'Hit'  back a few years ago going for NBI clearance for the 13A. I was told the same thing; inked cards get sent to Manila for foreigners.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, CoffeeRulzMe said:

I got the usual foreigner 'Hit'  back a few years ago going for NBI clearance for the 13A

I did not get any hits when going for clearance for my srrv, yet still got the ink prints done. Same thing before, when I left the country and needed clearance to depart - always a photo, ink prints and scan prints. Maybe it is just to keep more people employed? Because different people did the different things, like being in a rabbit warren with lots of busy people...

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
34 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

They took my photo again at NBI after I already had it on the form from that next-door shop. No big deal, but just more duplication of effort?

They accepted mine from the same shop. *shrug*

• Hmm thinking 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

My clearance was at the NBI as it was supposed to be. I've applied for the 13A even with a bit of a name glitch. My wife had given me my mother's maiden name as my middle name at some point in our K1 application process. We'd forgotten it was on the NSO marriage thing. We had to rush next-door to a lawyer's and do up an 'Affidavit of One In The Same Person' for P500. Other than that all went very smooth. My interview is Monday. I advise taking your Filipino spousal unit with you to overcome culture and language barriers.

On topic re: the fingerprint thing: there was a whole bunch of Indian students being fingerprinted yesterday at the NBI. They go to medical school here. Perhaps it is only the foreigners who get inked.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

I think you may be correct. There were a lot of Indian students when I went there too - both at NBI and also at that next door facilitating shop... But I wonder if anyone ever looks at the fingerprints or checks them in the event of crimes? I, so far, have not read anything in any news articles about fingerprint checks. L also tells me that - when she has had a few incidents at her previous home (attempted break-ins) nobody bothered to take prints. Maybe those were not serious enough?

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Tommy T. said:

I think you may be correct. There were a lot of Indian students when I went there too - both at NBI and also at that next door facilitating shop... But I wonder if anyone ever looks at the fingerprints or checks them in the event of crimes? I, so far, have not read anything in any news articles about fingerprint checks. L also tells me that - when she has had a few incidents at her previous home (attempted break-ins) nobody bothered to take prints. Maybe those were not serious enough?

I have no idea Tom, but I imagine the fingerprints are only for use within the BI to verify the person issued with the visa is the same one who is actually in the country.  Of course, I doubt they actually check fingerprints unless there is an issue.

• Like 3