They took the kit

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 7/10/2019 at 7:05 PM, JDDavao said:

NBI ink is finished. I guess I'll find out at the interview on Monday whether the appointment is real or not. Might be for a new electronic arrival/departure system? I thought I saw something about a new system when we traveled last year..

Just got back from my BI interview for the 13A Probationary visa and ACR card. Electronic fingerprints were taken along with "mugshot" type photos (forward-facing and left side) and *3 full sets on ink fingerprints (four fingers together with the thumb next to it and then the thumb with one finger per box) of both hands and then two smaller cards with just thumbprints*.

[Edit: i had the six 1x1 passport-style photos they ask you to bring with you.]

Edited by JDDavao

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
On 7/9/2019 at 4:11 PM, Tommy T. said:

I still share the same question with JD... why ink prints, along with scan prints - which can be printed out very clearly and cleanly?

I'm going to go with the theory that it's just to keep cousins employed in the filing rooms across the nation. 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, JDDavao said:

I'm going to go with the theory that it's just to keep cousins employed in the filing rooms across the nation. 

I'd say that is a fair bet, now that I am learning more about how things work - and don't work - here. Too many people for too few jobs, so make more jobs...