I received my K1 approval...

fototek1
Posted
Posted

Best of luck redfeather. 90 days isn't really enough time to get to know someone. My wife and I met while we were both vacationing at the same resort. We did the K1 visa after flying all over the world and vacationing with each other for a few years. We have been married for 8 years and I think we were lucky as we really didn't know each other for years after our marriage was official. Watch 90 day fiance on TLC (in the USA) and you will see some of the cultural hurdles you can expect. 

• Like 2

redfeather
Posted
Posted

foto,

Yes, I believe the two should have more than 90 days...but I do not get to make the rules our guvment makes them.  We have been dating for about two years, so that is still not that much time when you are doing it long distance.  I have watched some of those 90 day fiance episodes, and many of those couples are massively dysfunctional.  In most of those 90 day fiance episodes that I have watched I would get away from those women as fast as my feet would carry me...Run Forest Run comes to mind. 

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
42 minutes ago, redfeather said:

In most of those 90 day fiance episodes that I have watched I would get away from those women as fast as my feet would carry me

I agree with that. Although realize that some or all of the "drama" is likely scripted for effect on TV? Also, some of the boys (men?) are less than stellar examples of faithfulness and honesty. The longer you can stay together or see each other before tying the knot seems to be wise advice. Of course, governments don't always see it that way or do anything to assist - just carry on with their bureaucracy...

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Although realize that some or all of the "drama" is likely scripted for effect on TV?

I tend to think that a lot of people actually think Life is like it is on TV where we all know I am sure, it is not "Talking the walk is far from Walking it" plus as we have had said to us many times, "You will never know anyone until you live with them" in any sort of Relationship/ Friendship

JMHO

• Like 3
  • Love it 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Although realize that some or all of the "drama" is likely scripted for effect on TV?

Likely?  I'd say clearly... I like the show but it is car crash TV

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

I agree with that. Although realize that some or all of the "drama" is likely scripted for effect on TV? Also, some of the boys (men?) are less than stellar examples of faithfulness and honesty.

It is pretty much a given these days that reality TV is scripted to a certain extent.  And they choose "characters" for the roles that obviously have some personality issues.

A dating / marriage show that had two perfect humans going through the normal motions would be boring, would it not?

• Like 5

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

It is pretty much a given these days that reality TV is scripted to a certain extent.  And they choose "characters" for the roles that obviously have some personality issues.

I am getting burnt out on "reality TV." Everything seems to be "reality" and yes, the characters are, indeed, chosen for their dramatic flairs. I guess this is the replacement for the old "Soap Operas" from our youth?

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
On 7/8/2019 at 7:09 AM, redfeather said:

I received my K1 visa approval on the 1st of July, so now we still have the NVC and St Luke medical and Embassy interview.  We are getting closer, so all is moving along.  I should have her her near the end of September.

Could you tell me how long this process has taken? Also, not to be prying but, can you also tell me about how much it has cost or will cost to do this?

I have a friend who married a Filipina. He told me it took him two years and around US$5,000 for the process. I think he included trips from Davao to Manila - air fare and hotel? - but not positive about that....