Tricycles and the CD

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

You have your lights on so you can see me with all my ( and there were many) Disks.

I can say that I would not purposefully go out of my way to hit someone who was not using lights at night, but I do believe that it is their problem if they hit me or vice versa due to not being visible.  I do not know what the judge would say, but I would not feel the slightest remorse if someone on a motorcycle or tricycle collided with my car at night when they are not using lights.  I have noticed that very few, if any, cars and trucks are operating without lights.  It is only the motorcycles, pedal pushers, and trikes that do it.  They are endangering themselves 'cause the other vehicles are bigger and faster.  Its on them.

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I have noticed that very few, if any, cars and trucks are operating without lights. 

Yes, and that I think was his  Reason for a Glib ( But to him a realistic answer) But we know how their mind works, it is not my fault and then maybe they think things will never happen to them :huh:

• Like 4

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

He said so they reflect lights and I can be seen at night. 

They do work really well as give of different colors from different angles.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

It is only the motorcycles, pedal pushers, and trikes that do it.

I wish that were true here, Dave. But there are a fair number of jeepneys, here in Davao, that also run without lights. Sometimes it is no headlights, sometimes no taillights and sometimes it is no lights at all. There are not a lot of them, but enough that a few times I have run right up on them (me going not so fast at all) and didn't see them until almost too late - even at 30 km/h... That and the motorcycles and tricycles running without lights and the people crossing the streets at night dressed in dark clothes - all that really frightens me and so I try to drive super careful at night around here...

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
58 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

all that really frightens me and so I try to drive super careful at night around here...

There are many foreigners who will not drive at night due to the kinds of problems you describe.

• Like 3
  • Hmm thinking 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted

I wonder if "Blinded by the Light" by Manfred Mann is one of the CDs used?

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Simply can’t argue with that kind of logic Jack. 

• Hmm thinking 1